Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I accidentally found a great cp site

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have to go back well into the growing season
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's great. I long for the day when I finally see some CPs in the wild. I can just imagine being in the car looking out the window and seeing a pitcher sticking up like ozzy described and BAM, yanking the car over to the side, my wife yelling "WHAT THE...". Oh what a great moment that will be.

Quote Originally Posted by droseraguy View Post
    Great pictures. Totally envious of your location too ! I can go out and find poison ivy, poison ivy and oh yea poison ivy !
    If I look really hard I might be able to find some poison oak, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    You'll have to go back well into the growing season
    Yes, indeed. That will be spectacular!

So are you going to be able to find the cache?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you driving a car there? Sure hope you're careful in those street tires
    Of course not! You'd have to be crazy to drive a car down some of the roads I go down. I was driving a minivan. Remember the thick sand at the beginning f the road? Well when I was driving out a car was coming and I had to stop in the middle of the sand for the car to go by. As soon as I saw the car coming and knew that i had to stop I knew I was in trouble. When the car passed, I slowly gave it some gas and just as I thought it was stuck. I put it in reverse and backed up until the tires started spinning. I went forward again, I went a little farther than last time. I backed up and again I went a little farther. I put it in forward, hit the gas and I made almost out but now there was a truck coming. I decided to try and drive out of the sand onto the side of the road until the truck passed. I realized that the truck was going slower than I thought, so I pulled onto the road instead of the side of the road. I made it out. Barley.

Well, I'll give a cp tour to any member here that I know (except Andrew). All you have to do is get here. You can ask other members that have taken the tour how it was.

The only way I can find to get to the cache is to paddle from the main road. It's 3 miles each way. I'm going to try Friday.

There's poison ivy and oak here too, but I don't even know what it looks like. I can roll around in it like a dog when he finds some that's been dead for a month and not even get a rash.

Oh and I definitely plan to go back for more pics in the spring and summer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. What about seed? Are you apposed to taking half of the seed and spreading the rest around the area?? I would love to gather some seed from the plant you took a photo of that had the lovely venation going on.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well first, I have to find out who the land owner is. Then get permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, great find, those are very red Vft's, im with you, definately the reddest ive ever seen. Like murph. said i wish i had some wild Cp's around here, unfortunately theirs only one or two and they there pretty far away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o, one more thing, like orchid said, those are definately seeds that i would enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You'd have to be crazy to drive a car down some of the roads I go down. I was driving a minivan."

Do VFTs get more red in the cold? That would be like other plants that break down their chlorophyll to hang onto their N and then turn the color of their other pigments.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast