What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Independent CP Party platform

• Thread starter droseraguy
  • Start date

droseraguy

Illinois
I thought it might be that time since we are being bombarded by mindless drivel in the guise of political campaign bull"stuff".

As a whole the "Independents" are fractionated to much to be of any real threat to the other 2 parties. Let's put down what we want to see in a candidate and even write in our own.

Keep it friendly folks ! :-))

would be happy just to see one uphold the Constitution..............doubt ill ever see it though

Huh? I'm not 100% clear and what to post.

I want to see ALL lobbists banned.

I think this is a simple question with horribly long answers

1. Someone who understands the perils of the common man and has a desire to assist in their needs. Such as medical care and education.

2. Someone who is able to understand the difference between religion and politics and able to make educated decisions without mixing the two.

3. Someone who has READ the Constitution and all applicable documents and can understand it. You don't have to be a politician to care about the history of our country.

4. Someone who can stand their ground, yet know when to give. We don't need more hot headed stubborn idiots in the Whitehouse.

5. I wont go into the voice of the people because I honestly don't think the people know what they want, at least not in an organized fashion. It would be nice tho, for a candidate to tell the truth about the fact that they can't just come into office and lower taxes or make healthcare free for all (Especially while they are taking so much money from the health industry). It's really about time that people understand the crucial roles in our government.

6. Someone who will realize that the amount of money we put into defenses is TRULY ridiculous and like 5 times higher than anyone else on the globe and that just by cutting a small percentage could help in feeding starving nations and assisting in creating alternative forms of energy.

7. Someone who understands that the USA comes first. Personally it upsets me when I hear a president of the USA (SHRUB) talking about going to war and making comments like... " Iraq is a danger to Israel, and the USA". No offense to Israel, but he is our president and should put the interests of the USA first.

8. Someone who can speak English.

Alternatively, I agree with the lobbyist comments and believe that they should make accepting money and gifts from lobbyists illegal.

Someone who will get rid of the ELECTORAL COLLEGE.

I would keep going but my boss just yelled at me and "Hold on a second" only works once. He didn't seem too amused with my hold on comment.

I think being able so speak English is a given. Unless that was a Bush joke lol.

YES! DOWN WITH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!

Government by the poor, not the rich. Where's Robin Hood?

If the poor became politicians, in a short time they wouldn't be poor.

I think being able so speak English is a given. Unless that was a Bush joke lol.

YES! DOWN WITH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!

Yes, it was a Bush joke. Ok, I admit that I don't always speak good English, and I do find some of his ramblings humorous (man and fish can live together in peace :crazy: ) But... a president should either listen to his writers or know decent English.

Then let's abolish government, then we would have government for and by the people. lol

Yikes Kat I think you've given this some thought before !

I guess what I meant was what do we as an independent group want to have as a viable platform to run on ?

Right-wingers and Atheists alike need 3 squares, medical and roof over their head. How we acheive that has to have some similarities that can be agreed to by all.

Constitution:
Reading and knowing the Constitution should be tested for prior to getting elected, forget about the elementary school test I want to know they have it fresh in their memory. AND post their test grades for the public to see.

Welfare Reform:
I work almost hard for a living and don't appreciate having to give my hard earned money to people that want to be chronically supported. Don't get me wrong, I've been on unemployment and had no qualms about taking it. However it isn't a long term option that should supported through the public welfare system.

Political Corruptness:
Chicago City Councel - nuff said

Govt. PORK:
Your tax dollars hard at work in MY back yard. Gimme more !! Repeat about a thousand times all over the country.

(Back to work for now)

Right-wingers and atheists? I'm lost! Lol, what are you talking about with that?

Right-wingers and atheists? I'm lost! Lol, what are you talking about with that?

never understood the left and right wing thing myself..........when bird hunting i aim for the head and could care less if it believes in a god :grin:

Ok bad example ! How about people in general no matter what we agree or disagree on HAVE to agree on a few certain things.

Example DON'T shoot me in the head.
DON'T steal my food or shelter.

Yada, yada

We can accomoplish all these basic similarities through electing folks with "ABC" characteristics that we all agree on ?

Everyone shares the ABC characteristics. It's the GLBT and MJ that I care about.

I agree, shooting people in the head (or the face lmao) is bad.

problem is few are gong to be ABC.....the might be ZBC or ADC but almost never going to line up ABC with everyones views..............ive been through enough arguments with the ppl here that im aware that MY ideals dont line up perfectly with everyone elses here..........

Give up the MJ and go with Pepsi :-D

I agree, shooting people in the head (or the face lmao) is bad.

so im allowed to shoot them in the rear or maybe a flesh wound on the leg or arm? good to know...................... :grin:

I'm pro-gun and moderate gun-control
pro-abortion right,
pro-gay marriage
pro-drug legalization with limits on age
pro-...well really I'm just pro-everything except conservativism.

I'm pro-FREEDOM! We have too many laws!

Back