User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm about to CRY! All my dreams are CRUSHED!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wesleyan U. up here in CT is notoriously wild and liberal and is Methodist. I think the only thing they don't accept is normal.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    EDIT: My mom's friend just called and said she knows people who went there and it's anything BUT religious. Lol, from the way she spoke of it it sounded like a sinfest

Lol, I dunno. I could always try it for one semesters and transfer if I don't like it.

So are we choosing college for a higher education or for the sinfest experience? If you really care about getting a college education you would be more worried about how the college ranks in your degree than what theological basis it has. If you want a sinfest experience save yourself some money and go to Amsterdam.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to live at bible camp, this is what this is about

Of course I want a higher education, but given the choice between a bunch of goody-two-shoes or a normal secular college, I'd naturally choose the secular college.

Look at it like this, if THE best college in the WORLD was the University of Satan,and if you want you were pretty much guaranteed an AMAZING job, you wouldn't want to go would you? Same principal, just reversed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my daughter is choosing a college less than 4 years from now, I won't be looking at any rankings - they're meaningless at best. Even though she might be looking at a similar degree as JLAP, I doubt she'll be looking at any of the same schools. Her lifestyle and social life and preferred environment are very different. She says her #1 & 2 choices are UCLA (she loves LA) and the University of Mississippi (my alma mater). I see her thriving at a big university, where she has plenty of options and can find some kindred souls, but wonder about her among a hyper-ambitious crowd like at UCLA. If I do any steering, it'll be towards a southern state university. It worked for me.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should I look at the same schools she is? If we are looking at different types of schools maybe i'm looking at the wrong kind lol.

Is she a conservative? I ask because you said she was so different from me. Hey maybe Berry's a good choice if she's a conservative.

Speaking of the south, like a third of the people in America live here and for some reason we still get made fun of. What's up with that? lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No; she isn't conservative, but her lifestyle is pretty bland compared to yours. And will hopefully stay that way until she's out of sight. Out of sight, out of mind. She isn't a homebody, so I think she'll do well going a long distance to school. But she likes to disappear into the crowd and is comfortable in her big middle school. That's why I think she'll do better in a large rather than a small school. She isn't competitive enough to do battle with the students who choose elite colleges, even though I think she'll come into her own later and kick their ***es in grad school or whatever.

Before the last election, by the way, southerners ran the country for a long time and maybe the rest of the country was right about southerners.
    Bruce in CT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww I don't believe in blandness. It takes all kinds

Not ALL southerners are bad. Lol, look at me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much everyone is bland compared to you, JLAP, at least if accounting for age. Painting with a too broad brush, I might like southerners as individuals better than I like northerners. But not when they gather together. Northerners are better at playing with others and sharing their toys.
    Bruce in CT

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast