What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My poor Aunt :o( *Warning! Graphic text*

Good to hear. Sounds like it hasn't slowed her down too much! Any update on the dogs and their future?

xvart.

No, not yet xvart. I would have to talk with my Aunt to find out what's going on with that issue, my mom probably wouldn't ask and I forgot to ask her to ask. I might be able to get an answer from my cousin though, I'd really like to know too.

my mom probably wouldn't ask and I forgot to ask her to ask.

That's a lot of asking! lol.

Doesn't really matter, just as long as your aunt is good to go!

xvart.

Ok so here's the scoop. My Aunt is not doing as well as they had hoped. The surgery went fine, they told her that if her fingers start to turn blue then she has to return immedietly. They also said for her to come back on Monday so they can check on her thigh, where they took the skin from. Unfortunetly her fingers did turn blue later this evening. She's on her way back, I don't know anything else after that.

I was told also that the party she went to (her son-in-laws birthday) on Saturday, she had to leave because she said her hand hurt like heck.

She said after the surgery that her wrist is stiffening up really bad and she can't move it at all.

About the dog, this is interesting. The dog will most likely be put down, but not because of my Aunt. The people living there do not own that house. The guys stepdad owns it and he told them from the beginning, NO PETS AT ALL. They have been living there for about 17 years I think it is and he has had many many dogs throughout this time. My cousin told me this evening that they go through dogs like crazy :( Ok so what happened was the guy had to call his stepdad to let him know what happened and the stepdad of course got really upset that he had dogs, so he is making them get rid of the dogs. They will take it to the pound and they have to tell them that the dog has biten someone badly and so the dog will most likely be put down. It's unfortunate and I'm really sad for this dog, but he can hurt someone else really bad.

As for sueing. They are going to sue for doctor bills that they have right now ($50,000 as of right now) and also they're going to try to get money for future doctor visits and such. My Aunt will definetly need serious therapy for her arm and that can be costly. Also who knows if she might need more surgery.

I'll write more when I know more.

Wow. What a drastic shift. I'm sorry to hear all that. Well it sounds like your aunt has even more of a case with the house owners story. Too bad it had to come to that... My condolences, Niki.

xvart.

Thanks xvart.

I don't know anything new.

Will definately continue to keep her in my prayers. I know this is hard on everyone. :-(

Ok good news. I talked to my Aunt this evening and she sounds just fine. She fingers are not blue anymore, her arm just hurts but that's expected. She didn't get a fever so that's also a good sign, She's going back on Monday for a check-up. Thanks for all the support :-D

Sounds good!

I can't believe I wrote: "she fingers are not cblue anymore" LOL. HAHA and just now I wrote clue instead of blue, I'm not awake yet.

Thanks Clint. LMAO and I just left the n out of your name, LOL! I need to sleep more :p

Last edited:
Yeah, you wouldn't be the first one to make that mistake lol

Ok I just recieved an email from my Aunt and she attached a pic of her arm when she first got bit. It does not look like this anymore. I will attach a link, not the actual picture in this post cause I know some of you will not want to see it. ONLY CLICK ON THE LINK IF YOUR STOMACHE CAN HANDLE IT!

My Aunt is doing really well and she won't have to see the doctor again for 6 months, then she will get one of two surgeries to make it look a little better.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m237/pillowshade/Zsuzsasarm.jpg

OMG! That is insane! Does she have some sort of sab or cream on it or is that just... stuff?! I wouldn't mind seeing a more recent picture once she's all healed to see how great a job the doctors did. That is quite an injury. Thanks for sharing... I guess! lol. Glad to hear she's doing well.

You'll have to change the title of the thread to *Warning! Graphic text and images!*

xvart

Last edited:
Yeah I was just thinking I might have to change the name of the topic, but that's why I didn't post the actual picture, so people have a choice to see it or not. It is pretty bad and remember that was from just ONE bite. Insane. Oh, she doesn't have any cream on it, that's just it, YUCK! I also want to see a more recent pic, she was supposed to send me one, I will email her and ask.

that is just horrid. i can't believe how kind and geneous your aunt and uncle are. i can't help but worry about the small children, though. no way i could keep my pet after it did something like that- especially unprovoked. i didn't look at the pic cause i'm a wuss.

how could they let this woman sit for 6 hours before seeing her, too? were there people on fire or a massive shootout? geez!

bugfreak- I don't blame you for not looking, it is graphic. I'm not sure if I said this before in this thread but the dog WILL be put to sleep, not because of my Aunt or Uncle though. The house that this family lives in, that's not their house, it's the guys' stepdads house. When he let them move in (years ago) he said NO PETS at all, no cats, dogs, anything. After this incident happened, the guy had to call his stepdad and tell him what happened (because my Aunt and Uncle are sueing for the future surgeries and such) and the stepdad got furious and said that all the animals must go (they have two dogs and a couple of cats). Since they have to take the dogs to the pound, he will have to tell them that this dog seriously attacked someone, and so the dog has to be put down, he can not be adopted out. I just heard from my mom yesterday that animal control was at their house (I don't know when) and they just told them to keep the dogs inside. I don't know what kind of responce that is after the dog obviously really badly bit my Aunt!!

As for sitting for 6 hours, that is INSANE and just sooo wrong! My Aunt's arm did not stop bleeding for FOUR DAYS, so she must have been bleeding badly at the ER!

Just so you know more about these people, they had a nice white cat, they got sick of it so just let it go outside, my Aunt started feeding it or else it would have gone hungry. A couple of weeks later, they got a new kitten. Also my cousin told me that while she was still living there, they went through dog after dog. It's sickening!
:censor:

aww i'm sorry for your aunt :( animal bites of any kind are noooo fun (i'm a veterinary assistant, believe me i know!) and that certainly sounds like a nasty one. it sounds like the neighbors just kind of let their dogs run amok... i don't believe any breeds are automatically more aggressive than others, but i think that some breeds if left to their own devices will get more out of control than others, and sheps are one of those breeds (disclaimer: i've met some perfectly wonderful shepherds and some perfectly frightening ones as well! they tend to be extremely loyal, which is wonderful to a family but not so wonderful for their vet with his evil pointy instruments ;)). it's a shame... people get strong-minded animals and can't take responsibility for them, and then people AND animals wind up hurt.

i hope your aunt feels better!

Thanks moonflower, I know what you mean about some dogs being loyal to their owners but aggressive to others (especially vets). I also used to work in a vet office for a summer.

This reminds me of what happened at school today. Some guy knocked all of his front teeth out playing basketball. Ouhc

Back