What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Birthday to Drosera36!

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date
I forgot about THAT too! See what you have to look forward to?? Can't remember nuthin'! Well, maybe I will just send best wishes!!!!!

Lol, I'm 17 and I wish I was 14 again. Lot's of stuff I'd do differently.

Happy birthday, Ben! I was typing this message about four hours ago at work and an emergency came up and I'm sure my message is still open on my office CPU! Better late than never! Hope your school got canceled again today so could rest and have some fun! Sounds like you are all set with your new grow shelf and your new camera supplies. We all expect some great photos in the future (of course all the pictures you have shown recently have been extrodinary!).

Here's to a great fourteenth year!

xvart.

Hey there Ben,
Sure hope that you are feeling well, soon. And that you received some really gr8 presents.
Lois

happy birthday

Lol, thanks.

That would be pretty weird. At least I'd have your Sarracenia collection....:evil: :banana2:

-Ben

Well you have to start some where. Tell you what, PM me a mailing address and I'll send you the Sarracenia purpurea ssp purpurea seeds I'm stratifying - postage on me. You're in New York so they should grow happier than in Southern California. :boogie:

Wow, thanks NAN! And thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Here are just a couple of pics that I took with my big tripod just now. (Though they don't look much different from when I don't use a tripod, the extreme closeups with the D. scorpioides couldn't have been done so easily with my hand.)

D. capensis 'Alba' w/o tripod
DSCN2785.jpg

D. capensis 'Alba' w/ tripod
DSCN2805.jpg

D. admirabilis
DSCN2806.jpg

P. 'Sethos'
DSCN2809.jpg

D. tokaiensis (this one is usually difficult to shoot w/o a tripod for some reason)
DSCN2810.jpg

Sorta bad close-up of D. binata
dscn2813.jpg

And then the pretty good close-ups of D. scorpioides
DSCN2814.jpg

DSCN2815.jpg

-Ben

That is a nice closeup of the D. scorpioides. Great work. And of course, great shot of the P. 'sethos'! Drool.

xvart.

I was looking at the pictures again, Ben. That binata is insane! I can't believe how big it's gotten since the last time you showed me a picture of it. How many forks or branches does it have?

xvart.

Well there's two main plants in there, and as far as I can tell, each has 6 branches and that means a total of 12 of those forks per plant. There is also at least 2 little plants that have come up from the roots as well.

-Ben

Back