Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sickening Article

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like woodpeckers. I think they're cute and if they were smart I bet they'd be friendly. Lol, I just woke up, sorry lmao.

Seriously though, It's BS that they'd cut down trees to screw over the peckers. We cut down trees when they are dead because they are ugly. We just did it last week come to think of it. But if we thought that some endangered species called it home we'd leave it alone unless it posed a danger to our house.

The Yarn Nerd aka VFT Gal krochetnkat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    I like woodpeckers. I think they're cute and if they were smart I bet they'd be friendly. Lol, I just woke up, sorry lmao.

Seriously though, It's BS that they'd cut down trees to screw over the peckers. We cut down trees when they are dead because they are ugly. We just did it last week come to think of it. But if we thought that some endangered species called it home we'd leave it alone unless it posed a danger to our house.
    Oh definately! I wonder if there was a number posted of amount of trees that were destroyed. Another strike on our planet...
    The Yarn Nerd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    line 'em up and shoot 'em all.

Chlorinate my gene pool, please - I don't need these low IQ's dragging me down.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schloaty View Post
    line 'em up and shoot 'em all.

Chlorinate my gene pool, please - I don't need these low IQ's dragging me down.
    Amen. (Not promoting violence or hatred in any way, of course), Sadly, I don't usually blame the people because ... although it IS their fault they didn't do their own research... they usually believe what they hear from others. It should have been the job of Wildlife Resources to put out a public notice when they saw this was going to be a problem. IF nothing else, I am sure Marty Stouffer (sp?) had made a nature show about woodpeckers that they could have aired... *Sigh* Our poor poor planet. We are truly a virus to her and I hope that one day she doesn't just throw us up.
    The Yarn Nerd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from what i understand these ppl arent doing this because of the bird they are doing this because of the gov't...................have to say if i was in their shoes i would do the same thing................

if it were me personally and you made me aware of the endagered woodpecker i would go out of my way to keep some trees on my property that would be ideal for the species but if the guberment starts talking that they are going to declare my property a protected area and suddenly i will have no input on what i get to do with my own land such as building a greenhouse or what ever...........im sorry, screw Big Brother the trees are going ASAP and something else will be planted in their place.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, When someone says I can't do something it makes me want to do it anyway out of spite lol. I see what you're saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has oothing to do with that...................ive seen the BS that has gone on to save one lil fish on some short lil creek cause its found nowhere else...............species like that are doomed to extinction anyways.............

telling me what i can and cant do with my property because of ONE SINGLE SPECIES of wood pecker is idiotic...............im more apt to help if yah give me options........in a case such as this you are giving the land owners no options..........bet if they would have proposed something different tahan listing it as a protected area the trees would still be standing............heck you prolly could have got the neighbor hoods protecting the trees on their own............after watching the trainwreck over introducing wolves to the lower 48, cant see the guberment being able to handle saving a woodpecker........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    has oothing to do with that...................ive seen the BS that has gone on to save one lil fish on some short lil creek cause its found nowhere else...............species like that are doomed to extinction anyways.............

telling me what i can and cant do with my property because of ONE SINGLE SPECIES of wood pecker is idiotic...............im more apt to help if yah give me options........in a case such as this you are giving the land owners no options..........bet if they would have proposed something different tahan listing it as a protected area the trees would still be standing............heck you prolly could have got the neighbor hoods protecting the trees on their own............after watching the trainwreck over introducing wolves to the lower 48, cant see the guberment being able to handle saving a woodpecker........
    Lower 48... You Alaskan?
    The Yarn Nerd

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast