Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lust in Space

The Yarn Nerd aka VFT Gal krochetnkat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buster1 View Post
    Obviously making anti-american statements does not make you a terrorist, however, if I overheard you doing that and you were acting suspiciously on a plane I was on, I'd want you thrown off for my potential safety.
    Ya... honestly I would think it is common sense that you would want someone off the plane that was acting suspiciously.

I thought tho that I had heard that they were not making anti american remarks and that it was an over-reaction. As far as changing seats... everyone does that. Especially when there is a large family, or party, on a flight. You always see them changing seats to talk to other members of the family, or party. That wouldn't have been intimidating at all if it wasn't obvious that they were Muslim and speaking in Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, whatever they were speaking.

As far as a seatbelt extention... Mine fits fine also but if I had known they were available i would probably ask for one too! Between the snug belt and the tight seats you can get quite claustrophobic!!! Especially when their idea of leg room is having your knees up to your chest and I am only 6 foot tall!!!!
    The Yarn Nerd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I'm gonna go against the tide here. everyone seems to forget about "innocent until proven guilty". and I'm not saying I think she's innocent, but I think the media may have really blown this out of proportion. former astronaut involved in love triangle driving cross country to murder rival? that's quite a sensational, newspaper-selling story.

I think it's really nice of the diner, frankly. maybe she's guilty, maybe she's not, but she deserves a fair trial. and, let's face it, she's going to need a good lawyer.
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    well, I'm gonna go against the tide here. everyone seems to forget about "innocent until proven guilty". and I'm not saying I think she's innocent, but I think the media may have really blown this out of proportion. former astronaut involved in love triangle driving cross country to murder rival? that's quite a sensational, newspaper-selling story.

The media blow something out of proportion?? NEVER! hahaha (j/k)

I think it's really nice of the diner, frankly. maybe she's guilty, maybe she's not, but she deserves a fair trial. and, let's face it, she's going to need a good lawyer.

She does deserve a fair trial, as does everyone, and it is WONDERFUL that they support their astronauts because they DESERVE to be supported... but... what about the victim here? She deserves to be supported as well and how do you think she feels seeing that people are more sympathetic to the person who, even if her intentions weren't to kill her but scare her as she claims, had intentions of harm (Even if it were to be emotional harm)?
    Just MHO
    The Yarn Nerd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This case just shows to prove that no matter how intelligent or elite a person is, there is always room to fall to our basic natures, and allow them to control us. Before all this came out I heard that the "Father of Gene Therapy" was sentenced to 11 years in jail for molesting a girl. People in such positions are held to higher moral standards, but they are still human.

I also notice in situations where people who have high visibility in society, the victim is usually blamed. That is sad. I also agree with Presto in saying everyone deserves a fair trial.
    -Doug

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it&#33 but 'That's funny ...'
    -Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a feeling I wasn't alone on this. This thread got a little offtopic thought, lol. Anywho, I think it was 1400 miles that she drove in her DEEPENDS I still think it's ludacris that the restaurant would do that. I know she hasn't been proven to be guilty yet, but still it's weird IMO. Also I think you guys are TOTALLY right about her going after the wrong person. She should have gone after austonut DUDE not chickie!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was 1400 miles that she drove in her DEEPENDS

try around 900.....................
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post

Ok, but that's not what the news said, I was just going by that
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post

Even 900 miles sitting in your own.... UGH... That is one mentally ill person. What is that... 15 hours? OMG.
    The Yarn Nerd

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast