What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lust in Space

I had a feeling I wasn't alone on this. This thread got a little offtopic thought, lol. Anywho, I think it was 1400 miles that she drove in her DEEPENDS :p I still think it's ludacris that the restaurant would do that. I know she hasn't been proven to be guilty yet, but still it's weird IMO. Also I think you guys are TOTALLY right about her going after the wrong person. She should have gone after austonut DUDE not chickie!

I think it was 1400 miles that she drove in her DEEPENDS

try around 900.....................

Ok, but that's not what the news said, I was just going by that :)

Even 900 miles sitting in your own.... UGH... That is one mentally ill person. What is that... 15 hours???? OMG.

Even 900 miles sitting in your own.... UGH... That is one mentally ill person. What is that... 15 hours???? OMG.

I don't know but you're right, it is a LONG time.

some of you guys have no clue what distance is.................i can travel for 8 hours at around 70mph only stopping for gas and never leave the state staying on the same east-west interstate.............in 4 months ive put over 11,000 miles on just one of our vehicles.....will check later in how many hours i did that but its something like 350 hours on the engine of the new truck..................some yousguys perspective of distance is a bit skewed

add to the above.............i live slightly less than a mile from work :grin:

kinda interested in what the miles driven versus engine hours of someone in south Cali might be

some of you guys have no clue what distance is.................i can travel for 8 hours at around 70mph only stopping for gas and never leave the state staying on the same east-west interstate.............in 4 months ive put over 11,000 miles on just one of our vehicles.....will check later in how many hours i did that but its something like 350 hours on the engine of the new truck..................some yousguys perspective of distance is a bit skewed

Sure, I drive back and forth to Ohio regularly from my location... 560 miles... with only one single stop for gas. Ideally you shoot for 70 miles for hour and that happens once in a blue moon considering construction, bad drivers, and weather. It takes me an average of 8-9 hours to do the 560 miles with the least amount of travel time being 7 hours and that was when I was driving insanely fast and had little road construction. Using 70 mph it would STILL be a 13 hour drive.

I travel by car frequently and have a clue about distance. I gathered my estimation of 15 hours going 60 miles an hour, which is a safe estimate... giving you time for gas and road construction and lay odds that estimate would be fairly correct.

Not to mention frequent drives from Ohio to Chicago, Denver, Alaska, and from this location to New York, North Carolina, Tennessee... business travel is fun isn't it?

i said some of you guys :grin: my original post was mainly to Trapper

IIRC the chick traveled from Houston to Orlando..........which is 963.99 miles according to MapQuest.........Houston Tx to Key Kest Fl isnt even 1400 miles........

i said some of you guys :grin: my original post was mainly to Trapper

IIRC the chick traveled from Houston to Orlando..........which is 963.99 miles according to MapQuest.........Houston Tx to Key Kest Fl isnt even 1400 miles........

I can't even imagine what would be going through this woman's head... can you imagine being so full of hatred to travel this distance... in this manner... Wow.

I was going to say almost what Presto said. I'm sure she has enough money for a good lawyer so she'll be innocent until proven guilty. But I know from experience that when you can't afford a good legal defense that you are not treated like you're guilty from the start.

It's you against a team of professionals that do this all day long and you are in the disadvantage. It's the same as you playing against a professional sports team. You're going to lose no matter what. They do not care about innocent or guilt, they only care about winning or losing their case.

I don't think she should be charged with attempted murder, because she didn't try to kill her. She tried to kidnap her. If they prove that she had planned to murder the other woman then they can charge her with conspiracy to commit murder. But the DA in the case knows that if they charge her with attempted murder, and that carries a life term than she'll probably plead guilty to a lesser charge. And of course he get publicity from the case, it will probably further his career. The legal system is not blind to equal justice, that is a lie. OJ is proof that if you have money, you are treated way different.
It's not about guilt or innocence, it's about how ever can afford the best defense.

The man screwed up, women should hold the men accountable for being losers.

You know they are just men and can't help themselves.

1400 miles(via roads using Mapquest, not as the crow flies)....................going west puts me some wheres in the Pacific Ocean(1100ish via road to Seattle, the long route, using my own i could prolly shave almost 200 miles off)..............going east puts me in Detroit (at a hair over 1400 miles)............going south puts me in some lil town or the middle of nowhere about 100 miles south of Albuquerque, NM.........going north puts me in god knows where about 700 miles NORTH of Edmonton, Alberta................................1400 miles as a long friggin way via car

My grandfather and some friends got a car and drove from Hazleton, PA to LA & San Francisco and back in 1924. That would have been the equivalent of 50,000 miles on today's highways. Or of a morning commute on today's LA highways.

Yes I know I'm bad with miles, I'm from Canada so I'm used to km's, I don't know how to convert it, nore do I really care, lol. I still think that driving from TX to FL in a maybe soiled diaper is a long way.

Back