What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the other food group

Too bad you eat 'em in your sleep. The average person eats 4 spiders a year that way.

Beleive it or not, insects are one of the better sources of nutrition if you can get past your cultural aversion to the idea. And that's all it is - your aversion is a LEARNED BEHAVIOUR, nothing more.

Insects allow you to absorb roughly twice as many nutrients as most other foods. They just break down and digest more easily.

I read that on a snapple bottle hahaha (The spider thing) but that doesn't make me wanna go out and buy an 8 legged critter to snack on!

Hehe I love escargot too but that's different. That's meaty. lol.

I would just DIE if a PETA person came in and started a debate on insect rights lmao.

I have never had escargot... Never had the opportunity (Or if I did I must have declined. hahaha) I love raw oysters tho!

So you will eat slimy goop from an oyster (which I love) But you wont eat a crunch insect?

So you will eat slimy goop from an oyster (which I love) But you wont eat a crunch insect?

Hahaha I CANT hahhaha Haven't you ever stepped on them on the sidewalk and all that goo comes out? I think of that and just wanna vomit. :0o: and I am scared to death of spiders so that pretty much eliminates me ever shoving one of them in my mouth (while awake anyway). Heck, when I read that on the snapple lid I couldn't sleep. I wanted a painters mask!!!! hahaha

Mmm.. raw oysters are GOOD! As long as you squeeze some lemon on them..

The weirdest things I've eaten was human hair and a bottle of dip spit from like 5 different guys. Lol, I got paid for it lol. Come to think of it I think there might have been pee in it, too.

Wow... thats freakin' sick man, I hope you got a lot of $$ for that! :puke:

Does that fall under dirty money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
The weirdest things I've eaten was human hair and a bottle of dip spit from like 5 different guys. Lol, I got paid for it lol. Come to think of it I think there might have been pee in it, too.
Wow... thats freakin' sick man, I hope you got a lot of $$ for that!

Does that fall under dirty money?

I don't know? But that is pretty nasty.

the craziest things that I've eaten were, Spiders when I was in summer camp, and not the small ones but the greyish fishing spiders that get like 3 inches across or bigger.
I've eaten worms and even coughed while eating one making it come partially out of my nose, so I pulled it out through that hole.
I've eaten my peeling skin from my back last summer, I don't find it nasty but some people do.
I've eaten live baitfish, slugs, and even a pet cockroach before.

I'll eat almost anything as long as it passes my guidelines.

I don't know? But that is pretty nasty.

the craziest things that I've eaten were, Spiders when I was in summer camp, and not the small ones but the greyish fishing spiders that get like 3 inches across or bigger.
I've eaten worms and even coughed while eating one making it come partially out of my nose, so I pulled it out through that hole.
I've eaten my peeling skin from my back last summer, I don't find it nasty but some people do.
I've eaten live baitfish, slugs, and even a pet cockroach before.

I'll eat almost anything as long as it passes my guidelines.

OMG! That is freakin disgusting!! You better not feed one of the gliders you're getting from me that stuff, lol.

I don't actually believe that about people eating 4 spiders a year while they sleep, I just don't believe it.

Ehh, about 50 total.

I'm a member of PETA.People Eating Tasty Animals! :-))

Jerry

Oh don't worry Trapper!
I'm currently doing some research and I know what not to feed them.
lol

Hahaha I CANT hahhaha Haven't you ever stepped on them on the sidewalk and all that goo comes out?

Have you ever squished an oyster? black and green gooey stuff squirts out. Almost like a bug.

I think you just might have turned Kat off of oysters now too 0zzy, lol.

Back