Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need to vent.......yet again! *Sorry*

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just two words: Jerry Springer.

I say: ELOPE. The trappings of a wedding are just for show anyway. Go off by yourselves, declare your love, tie the knot and use the money you save on not having a wedding to go off and spend a week somewhere quiet and lovely, away from all the stress of family.

A friend of mine here in the office worked for over a year planning her wedding. She did all the traditional things...every minute detail of it.... just like all her friends had done a dozen times in their weddings prior to hers. I could not believe how much time, effort and money was spent on this ONE day. About a couple of weeks before the wedding...she admitted she wished she had just eloped and been done with it. Although she had a perfectly lovely wedding and a blast at the reception, I don't know that it was worth the stress she went through planning it all--trying to get what she and her fiance wanted AND please family too.

I say just go stand on a beach at sunrise and make a pledge to one another as the rising sun spills liquid gold over your faces. Then go out and have a good time!

Just remember: this is YOUR day (and your fiance)! This is all about y'all. NOT your/his family. It is what you make it. You can make it complicated and cry over it all. Or make it simple, make it just about the two of you...and be happy. You don't have to worry about pleasing anyone but the two of you.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks PAK, I really like the sunset idea! I'm just afraid what will happen after we come back from our wedding. We have no money for taking a week off. We're just getting married, as for the honeymoon, well that will probably never happen to be honest Money is really tight right now, I just lost all of my income and the company Jeff works for is going down and Jeff has to look for another job. I'm worried, lol.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah don't worry too much! Life isn't worth living if you worry all the time!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    Just remember: this is YOUR day (and your fiance)!
    Yes, let's not forget the male, either! lol.

My wife used to work with this one young lady and she and her now-husband went to vegas by themselves because they were getting too tired of their families being involved in planning this wedding. So they said to heck with it and went to vegas. They had a nice Elvis style wedding! The great part about it was some of those places broadcast over the internet so we were able to watch the wedding later on! We could've watched the live, streaming video; but, we were busy at the time so we just searched the archives. What an experience.

Point is, screw the family! "All you need is love."

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine here in the office worked for over a year planning her wedding. She did all the traditional things...every minute detail of it.... just like all her friends had done a dozen times in their weddings prior to hers
    my wife set a date 4 months in the future.......................had everything set up within the first 30 days and she had nothing to do for the next 3 months.................prolly a good thing she did it that way cause we were both hung over to beat hell the day of and its mostly a blur anyways...............
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't. Jeff's mom INSISTED on buying my outfit. I told her over and over again that I didn't want her to buy it, but she kept pushing it. So now how am I supposed to tell her that I don't want her at the wedding OR for dinner. I just want to give her the money for the clothes that she purchased for me and tell her that Jeff and I just want it to be our day and ONLY OUR DAY. But then again, what will happen afterwards?? All the yelling, slamming, verbal abuse, I don't know if it's worth it. I'm actually starting to dread this day, this is not right
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, no more BS. I talked to Jeff and it's just going to be him, the dog and me. THAT'S IT! Jeff will tell her, cause I really don't want to deal with it. I am giving back the money that she spent on my outfit. This is supposed to be a special day and darn it, it will be! LOL.

No more Mrs. NiceGirl
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do what my mom did for her second wedding! They got sick of all the family pressure and trying to find a spot and they just had the justice of the peace come over one day, and they were legally married in front of the TV in the living room. Then, one week later, they had a ceremony thing at the park, where we all got dressed up and took pictures. My mom and stepdad had their own secret ceremony just the two of them, and our family got to have their photo opportunity. everyone's happy! Plus, they get TWO anniversaries!
    -Emily

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast