Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charity

I'm looking for a charity to support. Please make recommendations of charities helping people (not Ozzy, Bugweed or PAK). My wife and I currently contribute to Save the Children. I'm looking for charities that help people help themselves with sustainable and renewable resources--things like micro lending, providing animals, crops, education etc.
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you guys have an Optimist Club locally they are about the best bang per buck in helping kids but they arent quite where your looking for(the local one here, which im a member of, could use a Shuga Daddy )

not sure who does the sorta work your looking at...............im just familiar with the ones like the Elks, Optimists, Lions, ect..................
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the masons do stuff like that but I dunno if they take donations or anything.

Where's sally when ya need her?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the Masons (builders) will be glad to take your money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could send money yo that african dude who just started some program to help people. That's VERY vague, I know lmao

He wan the nobel peace price a year or two ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heifer International is an organization that provides livestock http://www.heifer.org/. My wife & daughter have raised money for them.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SAINT JUDE CHILDRENS RESEARCH HOSPITAL!

St. Jude's does incredible work for children with cancer. They take anyone...regardless of ability to pay. They pay for all the treatment PLUS housing for families so they don't have to be split up while a child is in treatment. They have made HUGE advancements in cancer treatment, with some children's cancers having an almost 90% cure rate--a rate unheard of a decade or so ago. They exist solely by DONATION. So they need money in order to maintain the free-treatment-for-everyone policy.

St. Jude's has given MANY families their children back...kids who would not have survived if it weren't for the research, diligence and caring there.

Oh...I guess that's not a "people helping people" type of charity. But if I ever win the lottery, I'm giving a HUUUGE chunk o' money to St. Jude's. Its an absolutely amazing place. I make little donations but...not what I would if I could...

Can you just imagine what it would be like to be told your 2-year-old has CANCER?
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like the best idea yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast