Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: for all you anti-hunters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you know how it goes, rattler_mt. every anti-hunting person is all SAVE THE MOUNTAIN LION untill they get into a situation like that. Then its another story!

I would be all like, what if that thing comes back. Are my kids safe to go out? I dont agree with eradicating the species, but i understand you did what you needed to do.... whatever you did do... what did you do? Im assuming you shot it/
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    .............you get home from work...................start making dinner.................your young kids are sitting on the dining room floor playing....................you look out the back sliding glass door and see this eyeing your kids...........what is your plan of action?........(BTW this story DOES go with these pics)
    Thatís pretty scary; I donít think it would get through the glass, though.
    Rattler, did you take these pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
    He looks cold. I'd open the door, let him come in and open up a can of kitty food.
    Meow!
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didnt take the pics.....................got tehm off a hunting forum i frequent IIRC the pics were taken in South Dakota...............

the issue with the above cat(and that cat only) is it does not fear ppl.............a normal wild cougar would NEVER get that close to ppl...........its a matter of WHEN not IF that cat goes after some one............................

interesting statistic...........California, which does not allow hunting of cougars, kill more of them each year for reasons like pictured above, than any hunters kill in a state that allows the hunting of them.

if something like the above happened around my house(before i moved into town atleast) their would be no pictures of the cat, it would have disappeared into a hole on my property and know one would know about it..............Shoot........Shovel........Shut Up...........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes gracilis View Post
    WOW somthing i;d like to have mounted in my living room!
    hope to have one up in mine at some point...................
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot........Shovel........Shut Up...........
    When that line is applied to endangerd species i get offended, but since this is not one of those cases, i completely understand what your coming from.

In SD, large numbers do not exist anywhere besides the black hills, and there they are not exactly common.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does SD have a cougar season? i know ND just opend their first this year............IIRC they met the quota in under 7 days.....................

endangered or not an able bodied preditor such as that is most definatly an immediate risk to the ppl in the house..................i would rather shoot it now and risk fines than leave it be, call Fish and Wildlife and see if they are able to catch it...........hell we have a heck of a time even getting our Fish and Wildlife officers to even admit there are cougars here and there was one killed no more than 10 miles from town not 4 years ago...........and another was tearing up someones colts 20 miles south of here............if its like pulling teeth to even get them to admit that they are here when EVERYONE knows they are, i cant see the smarts in leaving the cat for them to handle when it would be a simple matter of dispatching it then and there
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catch it! If it's not afraid of people, it's definately a danger. However, if you catch it, and you can find a zoo that will take it, a fearless cat would be a good attraction.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh im not saying a cougar is endangered. Its not. I was refering to some species of bird or something.

SD does have a cougar season, a small one (a quota of 7? something like that. it does not reach above 20) part it is by those lawmakers who think any number of big predators is too much (we really only have a small population ) but problem animals such as this are not included under it. Not that that is a issue- its not, im just saying. I recall a few years ago that officials at custer state park stating that they only had 2 big cats in the entire park. Its a big park, so that struck me as rather low. I guess the habitat must not be the best.
    that makes no logic

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast