Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: for all you anti-hunters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because people know domestic dogs can be a threat, they think wolfs must be the same- or worse, because they are wild. Its flawed logic on their part that is not backed up by statistics. . In North America, people realized that in over one hundred years of documentation, there had been no verified human fatality caused by an attack from a healthy wolf.

As for the cattle industry, the Canadian cattle industry has not exactly been brought to its knees by the large wolf presence there.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokele View Post
    Oh, what a total load of testosterone-laced BS.

Do you know how many people have been killed by cougars in the past century? 16, with only 100 attacks (one per year, and look at that miserable rate of deaths per attack). Bees kill more than twice that every year. Better get the rifles, I saw a nasty looking wasp yesterday!
    Mokele
    I'm sorry but you statement is inaccurate.
    Without even trying I can find 10 confirmed deaths after 1991, in the same breath 9 confirmed from 1890 to 1989 and only one confirmed death from that time period happened before 1909 so it still makes your "in the past century" statement false. Then consider the people that inexplicably went missing in high cougar population habitat, you can safly attribute 2% of adult stature to the mountain lion and 6% of child stature to them as well.
    (insert rant about extreme left and right wing propaganda here)
    You have to filter out the agendas and do your own research. I was only looking for news paper accounts and I'm positive that if I started calling DNR's and DHR's I could find even higher numbers.

I live in Michigan and when I exit the troll zone (Lower peninsula) and go to the up the basic rule is yell not scream if that does not work shoot, call the state police wait until 5 minutes before their e.t.a. and call the DNR. This apples to cougars, bears, and wolves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mokele.......................i know a bit about cougars..............i know even in areas where they are actually common, its fairly rare to see one, not because they are spread thin but because they tend to avoid ppl.........most mountain lions in places such as MT HATE dogs and avoid ppls houses because of the dogs............why? MT allows the hunting of lions with hounds.......alot of "hunters" with hounds dont actually kill them, they just enjoy running their hounds, treeing cats and getting pictures..............a couple of the most serious hounds men i know havent shot a cougar in 10 years.........................IMHO a healthy cougar, in the state of Montana, SHOULD BE quite uninterested in approaching ppl's houses. exceptions are eastern Montana where there are few hound hunters due to low cougar densities and on the edges of cities where the private property prevents hounds me from doing their trade...........................................a cat such as the above in MT is a dead cat................
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many people have been killed cougars, bears and wolves in Michigan to lead to having a basic rule of yelling followed by shooting?

As for treeing cougars in Montana; which is harder to find, a cougar or a tree?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to Vater Araignee!

I have a solution to those nasty-looking wasps- a pitcher plant!

And rattler_mt is correct about mountain lions: That cat is a threat, no doubt about it
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    easier to find one here than North Dakota Bruce
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha! True, that! Too few trees where i live also.
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever since a tree fell on our deck and broke the windows I've been fighting the hardwood agenda.

Muerte a los arboles malvados!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast