What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consperacy

A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, circle Earth at a height of 3000 miles at its equator, located midway between the North Pole and the ice wall. Each functions similar to a "spotlight," with the sun radiating "hot light," the moon "cold light." As they are spotlights, they only give light out over a certain are which explains why some parts of the Earth are dark when others are light. Their apparent rising and setting are caused by optical illusions.

In the "accelerating upwards" model, the stars, sun and moon are also accelerating upwards.

The stars are about as far as San Francisco is from Boston. (3100 miles)
'

Hooooohaaaawhaaaawhaaaaw

These guys are a hoot.

Reminds me of my old English teacher who created a chapter of the Flat Earth Society at his college to get more funds and resources that he could use for his other clubs.

Comedy gold.

Hey atleast its not that Intelligent Falling site lmao

do they just ignore physics all together? Like i said they have some of the most important things un-awnserd.

Unanswered
Q: Explain magnetism is there is no South pole. Discussed in http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7168 and http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1361&highlight=magnetic+field

Q: How does the atmosphere stay on the Earth?

Q: Explain the Coriolis force?

Q: Why does the hull of a ship disappear over the horizon before the mast does?

Q: If the moon is a spotlight, why can I see a "man" in the moon (shadows cast by the sun on the hills and mountains on it) last I checked a light can't contain shadows.

Q: Explain fully the optical illusion causing sunrises and sunsets.

Some of their answers are just a little bit too short for credibility in my opinion. Most of their answers are simply, "It's a conspiracy," or, "because the government says so." It's almost childish. It reminds me of arguing with a young kid.

"Why did you do that?" I ask.

"Cause." the kid responds.

---

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, and if I do pm me and I will remove it; but, I think everyone who is a part of that message board is just a poser that is trying to be cool by following some alternative crazy theory that when argued about can not be refuted completely. It's similar to the age old debate about whether I really exist or not. No matter what anyone says, I can always say that I am just a figment of your imagination and stimulated neurons.

xvart.

Oh you're serious? I thought this was an internet joke!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................they seem to be smoking some good stuff.......think ill go visit them for awhile and sample their medicine.....................

Well, I do like the fact that they have a forum just for Angry Ranting lmao

frooootcakes

... If Jerusalem is the center of the world, everything "north" of it (in North Pole-centric Flat Earth terms) must be considerably "squashed in" to fit within the Earth's radius...

Hah Jerusalem the center of the world.... care to hazard any guesses why?

Actually, the earth is an octogon, and the moon is a hologram projected into our atmosphere by NASA...I am merely a trapazoid made of Mozzarella :-O

Q: "What's underneath the Earth?" aka "What's on the bottom?" aka "What's on the other side?"

A: This is unknown. Some believe it to be just rocks, others believe the Earth rests on the back of four elephants and a turtle.

J*sus christ.

-Ben

It reminds me of someone here at TF's avatar (can't remember whose):

"Never argue with an idiot. You can't win and they bring you down to their level" or something like that.

I would give them a little more credit, except they just give off the impression that they are childish and have no regards for civilized and constructive debate.

xvart.

Back