What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You guys are the first to see! PICS!

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
xvart I know you're going to be totally psyched! I was going to take some videos of my gliders and show you guys on u tube, so I went and got PJ first and the I notice this pink "thing" hanging halfway out of her pouch! I immedietly got freaked out that maybe Scubee (the baby in her pouch) has slipped out or she was rejecting him. But no, he was just turning around some and while he was, his little bum pokes all the way out, tail and everything. Sooooo..... now I know that Scubee is a BOY!! Yippee! That's what I wanted! Now he will be Karma's mate :-D Yay it all worked out. Oh! I tried to get some pics of the baby's bum but by the time I got my camera, only his little fist was sticking out, lol. So I got three pics of that, lol. He's soooo cute!

Taylee135.jpg

Taylee136.jpg

You can really see her belly in this one :p

Taylee137.jpg

Congratulations!! Is this the first time they have produced for you? Their babies are really cute when they start to grow!

Here are some more pics. This time we have a tail and a back leg. I saw his little face and he is PERFECT!

Scubee014.jpg

Scubee006.jpg

What happened to all the responses that were here? Why is my lichen thread locked? Im confused....

Maybe they were to short of responses?

If this is some kind of new policy, andrew has the responsibility of notifying us so we can tailor our threads so as to not run afoul of it. I have brought up similar news stuff in the past, and have never heard of any problems, as trapper has posted her announcement that her shugar glider gave birth and all our responses boiled down to "congrads". If this is a new policy or something guys, perhaps you should let the people it affects know?

Yeah, what happened to my post? I mentioned something about aliens, but then asked also about the sugar glider and the curly cord thingy. Hopefully it is just an error or glitch?

xvart.

edit: I've noticed this in a couple other threads also now that I'm thinking about it.

im wondering if its a software glitch.................had some odd stuff happen with some of my posts.............thought it was me screwing up but if its happening to others maybe its not just me

If it was a glitch, why have the most important posts of all, trappers' pictures, been unaffected?

dont know but most of what happened with mine happened faster than a mod would have read them and deleted them.....................i doubt mods decided to kill that many of my posts today and last night without telling me i was doing something wrong

Ok good, I thought I was going nuts, LOL! Andrew what's going on?? I'm scared :-(

Are y'all paranoid or what??! lol Geez!

As far as I know, no topics/posts have been deliberately deleted. If you're noticing problems, I'd post them to the thread Andrew has set up for just this kind of thing.

Why would anyone delete a topic on lichen??

PAK- GOOD MORNING!!! Finch did post in the other topic. And the lichen wasn't deleted, it was closed.... That topic is reopened now, and I'm still checking for the missing replys.

Great, thanks guys! :-D Here are a few more pics of my little alien baby. Now you'll REALLY think he looks like an alien. He decided to come all the way out today, except for his face, he's still nursing, he'll come out completely in about 13 days. Enjoy!

You can really see the loose skin he has from his wrists to his ankles that he glides with in this pic.
Scubee022.jpg

Scubee021.jpg

You can see his markings
Scubee017.jpg

Edit: Actually in the first pic you can really see the mom's gliding membrane.

MAN! Gliders grow fast!

Awwwww

People say babie birds are ugly, but man this is on a whole nother level! I think babie birds are cute, and so are these! Charming!

Yuck.... but wow at the same time...

i think it would look better if it was slimy with hair...

Sweet. I love how you can see the markings already. Niki, did you once say that gliders have litters of one to two? Or do they always just have one baby? And what is the technical scientific name of a baby glider? A joey?

xvart.

Hehe, it is kinda weird looking, but I'm used to seeing baby animals when they're still naked, so I think it's adorable. BTW Scubee turned out to be a GIRL not a boy, lol. Oooppsss, lol. But that's just fine too :-D

xvart- Actually gliders can have up to FOUR joeys per litter. It's usually between 1-2 but on a rare occasion they can have 3-4 as well. I'm glad she only had one this time, it's her first birth and of course one is way easier to take care of than two. Sometimes gliders can't produce enough milk for their joeys, so one gets weak and gets kicked out either by the mom or it's sibling. But I gave PJ extra protien and suppliments and she seems to be doing a terrific job :-D

And yes it's called a joey :)

O.O

Wow, that's NUTS.

I'm guessing they're marsupials...? Ignominious though it may be to say, I know very little about that animal. :eek:

Back