What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growers Database

Now, if someone has already done this plz tell me, i dont want to waste anyones time. But anyways, i got an intresting idea today, to create a International Cp growers database complete with plants grown and some form of contact information, for the purpose of letting Cp growers communicate more effiecently and let them see who has what plant they desire and contact that person to avoid the trouble of posting all over the place to find that plant. Now maybe its not a good idea, maybe it is, but if you agree please post here or pm me your name, city, e-mail (or other), and growlist. I plan to map it out useing google earth and eventually posing the completed list here. What do you think?

I remember someone on here did a map thing a long time ago.

NASC will do such a thing with Sarracenias people are growing and, back when I was following the discussions, some people pointed out the risk of showing strangers where to find people's collections.

i think i will seeing that one only has three people on it. On the subject of safftey, i dont think anyone on this site would be dastardly enough to try it, plus you would only divulgeing your town/city, not your exact adress.

I know what some of you might be thinking " whys he so intrested?" well its not anything sinister and to prove it, ill go first:

Jonathan Mungeam

Marlbrough, MA USA

Growlist:
Vft (typical)

Sarracenia purpurea (seedlings)

Sarracenia leucophylla ( seeds)

Sarracenia minor (seeds)

Sarracenia flava (seedlings)

Sarracenia psittacina (seeds)

Darlintonia calilfornica (seedlings)

Drosera routundifolia (seeds)

Drosera filiformis (seeds)

There you have it, whos next?

The Buddymapping one is actually a pretty cool idea, maybe we ought to contribute so it's not just 3 people. As to the one z5 suggested; if you want to do it, I'll be one of the first to hop on board.

The only thing about the growlist.... some people's are pretty dang long. What you might could do is to list their name and make their name a link to their growlist and have their location below their name. For example:

Wes Randall(my name would be a link to my growlist)
Boone, NC USA

Any maybe indent their location to make it easier to see who belongs where.

Last edited:
Do you think we could put a sticky for the database and location?

wow, those maps are precise.... LOL Who couldn't like G.E.??

well, looks like ill start at it. maybe make two versions, not sure yet.

ive run into a problem, when you click on a person the info. does not come up due to their being to much text. Im thinking i can just put in a link to your growlists on here so that the info bubbles will come up.

Ok for those of you that do this, once you post your info. i will send you the website where it is posted, and the info. that you need to sign into it. Once you have, you can edit all your info. if you wish, but please do not touch other peoples. Once you are on there, if you have google earth (you can downlaod it for free if you dont) you can click on the veiw the map in google earth button, downlaod the map file, open it in google earth and once you have it, you will never need to go to website again, because the map updates itself every hour! so please, join this database and make it more powerful then any before it. Also, if you dont have a growlist, please make one.

thanks, Jon

We have the growlist forum, and most people have their location in their profile. You can PM them through the board, or send an email from here if they have that activated. What is the purpose of this again? So people can look at the map, find someone nearish them then look and see what they grow? ???

Whatever happened to setting up a Frappr map?

It's more of a thing to have an idea where growers are concentrated and the such. It's a bit of a novel idea as well. I like the idea because it lets novices see how many growers there are and if there is someone near them. It's also nice because people just like to know there are growers near them... or at least I do, and there aren't even any people around here that grow CPs.

well, i mean if your not going to appricate it, then thats fine.

We now have three people on the map, whos next? i would just start adding names, but i want to have people consent.

As long as I don't have to do anything you can add me. I'm too lazy to update my growlist and I don't use labels anyway so just don't add it.

Clint Parsons
152 Windy Ridge Road
Jasper, Ga 30143

Back