Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: yay back among the living

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on down to LI Tony! Sandy Beaches in the Summer and... ah... nuthin much in the winter.. except traffic...
    Go to see ya back in biz!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lived in Louisiana for 8 years where there are really ~3 seasons (depending on how you count them). Some people say 2 - hot & uncomfortably humid followed by cool & damp then back to hot & humid...

I'd like to have 4 seasons but the pic Tony posted explains why I need to be further south & would never willingly go up there. Southwest VA is looking pretty good....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back! Your lack of presense was noticeable.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you posting again Tony.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony? Back among the living? Did you die and not tell anyone?? Don't you think your friends would have wanted to hear about it?? Pretty inconsiderate of you to die, and then come back! Shame on you! Now stay here this time, and if you want to die again, LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!!

lol!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhh well next time I become a living snowman I will let you know first.

Rattler.. while I understand what you mean about too cold to snow. We get storms that have the classic warm humid air colliding with the cold arctic air. Which don't hit when it's so cold. But we allso have what happened the past couple weeks.. lake snow!!! When you live next to a lake that is larger than many of the states in the country. The lake doesn't freeze and there is PLENTY of warmer moist air coming off the water.. which gets swept up by the cold arctic breeze and dumps it downwind in the form of that lovely white stuff. The colder it is the more likely lake snow will form! If you were to look at a dopler radar it would look like streamers coming off the water onto the surrounding land. Fortunately we were a bit north of most of it so only got about 1/3 what they got along the southern side of the lake... ie the wind came more out of the North than the Northwest so the snow bands were pushed South of us for a portion of the time.

It's actually quite interesting when you have sunny blue skies and look to the South (or North) and see a dark black sky 5miles away.. Venture into it and find yourself in blizzard conditions.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    saw the news..................Fort Peck aint quite as big as the Great Lakes but most years it doesnt quite freeze across cause while we dont have alot of snow we do have TONS of wind and moving water doesnt freeze anyways if it doesnt freeze and the wind comes right a couple small towns over there get a mini-lake effect snow some years but its nowhere near what you guys get................anyways over here we rarely get more than 8 inches of snow for the winter but a couple weeks in a row where we dont see above -20 isnt unusual........lowas of -40 are common and we get well below that every other year
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin Dawnstar was in all that lake-effect snow. Oswego NY was on CNN every day for a week. I even saw his ex-boss (whom he..."strongly dislikes") on TV...which was funny. I've heard all about that witch for years. lol What are the odds of that...to see his ex-boss on TV.

I believe Oswego got 11 feet. William was sick of shoveling which you HAVE to do or you can't get out. I heard at some points it was falling at 5" per hour. I can't even imagine 11-feet of snow!

I believe I heard more lake snow is headed his way.

Southwest VA is looking pretty good....
    I think central VA looks even better.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast