What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extra Skin

• Thread starter FarmerDave
  • Start date
lol
yep...just more food

Just realize that there are no magic pills that will help you reach the goals you want. You need to learn to discipline yourself in what foods you are eating and regular exercise. You have to really WANT it in order to do it. Otherwise you are just going to fluctuate weight and put it back on meanwhile wasting money on "magic pills".

I don't often find myself agreeing with Outsiders71, but I definitely do this time. Willpower never has any toxic effects and you need to learn to use it. But it can be pretty hopeless if you fill your place with snack food and then hope willpower will keep you out of it. Willpower is tough to maintain 24/7. It's much easier to use it when you're in a store or to use it to go out of the way to avoid passing the vending machine. Keep the bad stuff farther away from you and you'll find your will is plenty powerful.

Yea I wasn't trying to be mean or anything but what I said is true for everyone. Willpower is everything. I have gone with no soda for 3 years. Yes even the best soda eevr made, fresh a&w root beer in the summer. There is always a bottle in this house. My family has it in their veins. I just walk past it and drink the water. Well now I drink the alcohol now. But yea no magic pills or anything.

Aren't they not magical if they've been scientifically proved?

Well isn't that to become an athelete or a super buff?
What about stopping cravings? isn't that what hoodia does?
you can fight yourself all day telling yourself that you're not gonna eat those chips or are you gonna take a pill that will help that?
Same thing with headaches or restless leg syndrome, you could just tell yourself that you can overcome it with will power or you could take some tested drugs that are proven to help stop or prevent whatever you have.

...Headaches and RLS aren't quite the same as the munchies lol.

you never know....
I usually eat when I'm really bored or angry.
And isn't that somewhat like a sign of depression or stuff like that......and isn't that just like RLS

Are you depressed? Get some prozac.

I mean uhh go to a therapist and talk about it.

No, I'm not, but I'm just saying that diet pills might help. Or even if you just have a bad habit of eating whatever is in front of you. See it might only work because you and your body are working with it (like a plesibo[spelling?]). Will power might not be enough because it only gets you half way there where as the hoodia might push you the extra mile to get it done. Without it you might just spiral back down after getting just halfway.

Back