Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Question

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea he hunts with a cousin who has dogs. It's a semi-auto modified choke with a 28" barrel. I'm not sure what he's been using. I know it was a 12 gauge and was either a remmington or ruger. Anyway were able to find out what he wanted to know (which was how much one's worth... I wish Ida known that in the first place). Now all we have left to do is talk about our fav guns and swap hunting stories! Wohoo!
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hunting stories? how bout tips.......................................dont shoot a lone deer on the prairie........its best to have other deer around to help guage size.............had 3 different ppl tell me it was a good sized doe before pulling the trigger...............

cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe... Yeah since you said It first that's really small lol

I bet it still tasted good! Deer is good but it's stringy. Well you know how it is. Like string cheese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice fawn. I've done that before. The young deer may always be tender, but they are never as big LOL.

JLAP, Really? I've never thought it was that stringy? How do you fix it? We cube it and make hamburger as well. We've also been known to do tips and deer liver (it's hard not to get the liver with a high powered rifle though). It enters in like a 1/4 in hole and blows like a 3 in. hole on the way out!
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stringy? the only wild game ive ever had thats stringy are older animals. heck a buck in his prime isnt stringy..........heck when i shot the oldest pronghorn doe in the state she wasnt terribly stringy...................just tough enough you couldnt cut the gravy with a chainsaw

Westley..................tender, yes..................good eating, yes..................but it takes ALOT of the lil buggers to fill up a freezer
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, I'll say. A good size deer will fill a freeze fairly quickly but fawns don't have a whole lot to 'em. The only tough deer I've really ever had was not prepared well. After that, theyre all good. What do you usually hunt deer with? What kind of deer do you usually hunt?

I use a Knight .50cal muzzloader and a Ruger 25-06
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im almost always after mule deer.......cause where i like to hunt mainly has mulies. as far as what i use..........a rifle in the last few years ive used a Savage 99 in 250 Savage, a Ruger MkII in 6mm Remington, a Savage 110 in 270 Winchester........this year i was carrying a custom rifle based on a Remington 700 in 375 Winchester Short Mag but never shot anything cause i was busy playing guide though my brother borrowed it and shot a mulie...................next year who knows working on a deal for a Remington Titanium in 260 Remington but i might also get a Ruger #1 in 450/400 then again ive been meaning to use my Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70, ive carried it a few times but never taken a shot................i hope to get the Remington Ti. it should be an ideal packing rifle(weights around 5.5 pounds before being scoped, my light weight 6x scope should bring it up to a whopping 6.75 pounds loaded and ready to hunt) and one that ill keep around for a long time.
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mulies make up the most of our deer hunting here. I have taken bucks with my .45 caliber Kentucky Long Rifle, my .54 caliber Hawken Rifle from Ithaca/Navy Arms (makers of exact duplicates of original pieces), and once with a breech loading 45/70 Sharps Buffalo Gun. And this Sharps WAS an original. I loved that gun! And the sight was superb!!!! Got an Elk that year, shot at 350 yards. Even at that range, it lifted the Elk off his feet and knocked him back about 15 feet. MAN!! What a sight to see! Good eatin' too. Elk steak cooked with Bear Grease Butter. MMMMMMMMMMM!! I have taken 6 deer with my Plains Indian bow with the handmade arrows. God what fun!! And a real challenge.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast