What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gun Question

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Does anyone know anything much about a Berretta AL2 shotgun?

All I know about is some stuff about the shotgun part :p

Other than knowing it's spelled Beretta, with one r, I don't know it. Are you getting one? A lot of double barrel shotguns seem to be Berettas, or at least used to be back when I paid more attention.

My dad bought one used and wanted to know a little about it since they aren't in production anymore. All I was able to dig up was that they were made from 1973-1975. My dad has recently gotten into rabbit hunting, and a guy was trying to get rid of the gun.

I'll let rattler field this one.... lol.

xvart.

Wes, I see you hosted pictures of (this?) gun on my hosting site... Please make sure that space is only used for CP related photos.
Andrew

im not a scattergun person..................hell im taking up archery so i can hunt pheasants again, seems its illegal to use a .22 :grin: i prefer a rifled barrel to a smooth one

Wes, I see you hosted pictures of (this?) gun on my hosting site... Please make sure that space is only used for CP related photos.
Andrew

Sorry, I was in a hurry, and will remove them promptly.

What type of shotgun is it and what's stamped on it? 1973-1975 is back in the days when I was a teen getting into guns (before getting back out) and Berettas were considered pretty good. Not the rare kind of thing Rattler would drool over (if it had rifling, of course) but definitely a step up from what most people used. For rabbits, hopefully it's a 12 gauge, full choke pump or semi-auto.

hey i dont just drool over the rare stuff, my Savage 99 is anything but rare.....................just have no personal interest in shotguns..........

I'm all about Benelli.
Mossberg 500's are good as well as Remy 870 cause they're cheap and there's alotta barrels out there for em so you can configure em for your style of shooting easily.
But I'm all about Benelli.

What type of shotgun is it and what's stamped on it? 1973-1975 is back in the days when I was a teen getting into guns (before getting back out) and Berettas were considered pretty good. Not the rare kind of thing Rattler would drool over (if it had rifling, of course) but definitely a step up from what most people used. For rabbits, hopefully it's a 12 gauge, full choke pump or semi-auto.

The only thing stamped on it was, Beretta AL2 12 guage mod. That's why we're looking, cause the rest of the WWW is not turning much up.

Is it a pump, semi auto, or what? I'm guessing mod means modified choke. I've never hunted rabbits, but I think people usually use a full choke, to get a tighter shot pattern. A modified choke is good for things like birds. My late grandfather's rabbit gun is a long barrelled, full choke 12 gauge pump action. I don't think he ever went duck hunting, but it would be good gun for that too.

rabbit hunting? the Ruger 10/22 is supreme............................we have literally filled up the back of a pickup bed with rabbits when they were in an up year in a few hours in prime habitat..................2 of us were using a couple 10/22's and someone had a bolt action

A .22 is great for rabbits when the bunnies are the highest feature on the landscape, but a shotgun is a better choice if you'll be using dogs or flushing them out underfoot. When I was in high school, a friend told me we could hunt rabbits with a bow if we walked a circle around them, closing in as we walked around. We spent a few hours walking around in the nearest soybean field with his hunting bow but never saw any rabbits and got bored and quit.

mainly we hunt rabbits(cottontails and snowshoes) on the river bottom, knee high grass/wheat/corn, brush piles, irrigation ditches full of cattails, chest high sagebrush...........few rabbits out on the short grass prairie, mainly jacks and best way to hunt them is via spotlight at night while they are out in the open feeding.

a 22 works just fine in high grass and such if yah know their habits..........unless your close they tend to stay put, if you can see them you can hit them with a .22. after a bit of hunting them you tend to know where they are likely to be sitting, watching for preditors......you quit looking for rabbits and are instead looking for spots that they are likely to be sitting. i dont know anyone up here who uses dogs, few use shotguns unless they happen to jump one while bird hunting.

Yea he hunts with a cousin who has dogs. It's a semi-auto modified choke with a 28" barrel. I'm not sure what he's been using. I know it was a 12 gauge and was either a remmington or ruger. Anyway were able to find out what he wanted to know (which was how much one's worth... I wish Ida known that in the first place). Now all we have left to do is talk about our fav guns and swap hunting stories! Wohoo!

hunting stories? how bout tips.......................................dont shoot a lone deer on the prairie........its best to have other deer around to help guage size.............had 3 different ppl tell me it was a good sized doe before pulling the trigger...............

20260011.jpg

Hehe... Yeah since you said It first that's really small lol

I bet it still tasted good! Deer is good but it's stringy. Well you know how it is. Like string cheese.

Nice fawn. I've done that before. The young deer may always be tender, but they are never as big LOL.

JLAP, Really? I've never thought it was that stringy? How do you fix it? We cube it and make hamburger as well. We've also been known to do tips and deer liver (it's hard not to get the liver with a high powered rifle though). It enters in like a 1/4 in hole and blows like a 3 in. hole on the way out!

Back