What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm a christian now

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
Another "lawmaker". Turning the grace of God into law, and getting right back where we came from. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and read the 2 commandments Jesus left us. Then, go out and practice your law based Christianity. No freedom in that, and not a lot of love either. I know the bible front and back, and I will never return to the "you gotta do it this way" Christianity again. What are the fruits of the spirit, Reg????

------------
Matthew 22:34-40
34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
-------------

I know what you mean by "you gotta do it this way" but what about obedience to Christ? If you're going to love God with all your heart, soul and mind what better way then trying to show obedience? Now I'm not saying that we need to be perfect in the eyes of the old law, because that is not possible. What I'm trying to say is that as your relationship with God grows it is only natural that what is important to God becomes important to you. If you do not surrender all areas of your life to God you cannot continue to grow and produce fruit.

--------------
Luke 13:23-30
23 Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?" He said to them, 24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.' "But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.' 26 "Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.' 27 "But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!

John 12:47-50
47 "As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. 49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.
--------------

Only God truly knows our hearts and our minds and no matter how many laws we don't break we are all still sinners who need Jesus. While God has given us grace, I think Jesus makes it clear that it is not to be taken for granted.

Which brings us back to this, as always... you believe what you choose to believe (or what someone chooses for you). That's exactly what this is all about, beliefs.

Why not just believe in the living word that God has left you?

And that means your walk is personal. NO ONE has the right to tell you how to walk your walk. As you walk, and IF you love God with all your heart, and your neighbor as yourself, your heart will change as you keep the 2 commmandments. "Be ye therefore perfect, as your Father in heaven is Perfect." And THAT only comes by walking in the Word, and learning your lessons as you go along. NO ONE, and I mean, NO ONE, can tell you what God has in store for you, or can command how HE instructs your walk with Him. DO your best, and let Jesus carry you the rest of the Way. Working through faith is the key, love the answer, and God, the WAY!!!!!

And that means your walk is personal. NO ONE has the right to tell you how to walk your walk. As you walk, and IF you love God with all your heart, and your neighbor as yourself, your heart will change as you keep the 2 commmandments. "Be ye therefore perfect, as your Father in heaven is Perfect." And THAT only comes by walking in the Word, and learning your lessons as you go along. NO ONE, and I mean, NO ONE, can tell you what God has in store for you, or can command how HE instructs your walk with Him. DO your best, and let Jesus carry you the rest of the Way. Working through faith is the key, love the answer, and God, the WAY!!!!!

Exactly!!! <3. :)

dude jlap im not trying to be a jerk or any thing, but i dont understand it.

I really don't see how you are a "christian" you just believe in god, well should i say have a fear of the christian god.

And its what you are used to you live in a christian home so you here about it all the time. I quite personally find it stupid to say you are something you aren't

your just being a poser christian.

I accepted Christ, i'm just not religious. I've learned you don't have to be religious to accept Christ and believe in God.
And I live in a secular home. No one ever talks about religion.

I don't think I'm a poseur, I've never been a poseur at ANYTHING and I'm just me. I do what I want, but now I believe in God and have accepted Jesus. No big deal to me. I still do and say and act the same things and way.

Don't stereotype me and say I have to do this or that and be this way to be this or that and don't tell me what I really feel and think.

I accepted Christ, i'm just not religious. I've learned you don't have to be religious to accept Christ and believe in God.
And I live in a secular home. No one ever talks about religion.

I don't think I'm a poseur, I've never been a poseur at ANYTHING and I'm just me. I do what I want, but now I believe in God and have accepted Jesus. No big deal to me. I still do and say and act the same things and way.

Don't stereotype me and say I have to do this or that and be this way to be this or that and don't tell me what I really feel and think.

You're a brand new Christian, I wouldn't ever expect you to radically change overnight. However, with that said, when one accepts Christ change does come. Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, but it does come. Don't resist it. Keep in praying to God, and reading the Bible. Get to know the Man of Christ. See how he acts, how it reacts to people, and what he says. You are to be his imitator and ambassador here on Earth. God via the Holy Spirit will slowly change you from your old self into a person of pure beauty and holiness. It is a long road, and there will be hard times, and good times. Just don't give up.

I wasn't trying to judge you or stereotype you i was trying to understand whats going on.

rock on! :woot:

To follow Christ is to be not religious. Jesus was always beating on the religious folks of the day for being so religious they lost sight of God. What he did want was for all of us to live in love and perfection. Unless we become perfect we'll keep on dying. And unless we learn to love completely we won't be able to coexist with the other inhabitants of the universe. So yes we need to seek to do good, but please don't get religious about it.

cheers
Peter

Back