Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: I'm a christian now

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Yep, didn't think you'd ever hear me say that did ya?

I had a little mental crisis and now I'm a secular christian. Christ-Follower is a better word. I'd still gay and proud of of, still support all my old political views, still dislike mainstream christianity, still like drugs but now i believe in God.

Hehe, weird, huh? Feels surreal but I'm not making a big dealio about it. Figured I'd tell ya. What changed my mind was that all that BS happened thousands of years ago and I'm not gonna worry about it. Bugsy helped me out a lot on that.

Maybe some of you will think I've got my own perverted version of christianity going, and if you do, that's ok. lol. I'm doing what works for me.
    I know that the gay issue gets a lot of press these days, particularly at the very conservative end of the spectrum. What doesn't get a lot of attention is that hetero behavior (thoughts & actions). One need not look any further than the Bible for examples of how hetero-ness got people of faith in trouble: King David & Bathsheba, Samson & Delilah, to name a couple. I'm sure that most hetero Christians have a daily battle within!

God deals with us as individuals, with our own respective issues.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good posts Bug. You are absolutely right. A lot of "Christians" will be quick to judge. Not all mind you. When if they were following what they say they believe in then they would know that only God can do the judging. Any who. I believe what I believe and will support my friends in any road they choose to take. It is just not for me at this point in my life.

Clint rock on dude! Sex, drugs and rock and role!!!

WOO HOO communal wine for everyone!!!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is a sexual sinner, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner--not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God shall judge. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person." 1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity." 2nd Timothy 2:19

Everyone abiding in Him is not sinning; everyone sinning has not seen Him, nor has come to know Him. 1 John 3:6

If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 1 John 5:16

But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 1 Corinthians 2:15

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife grew up in a home whereby her mom was / is a Christian and her dad was not. Seemed he had too much of the Lutheran catechism as a kid. Anyways, about 30 years ago he was opening up / receptive to things and was just about to join the church (Wesleyan) that they were all attending. And then one sharp-tongued and tactless individual commented about the smoking habit he had and that changed everything. Fast forward a few decades and just before he died, he made a profession of faith. While that was a good thing, that was 3 decades of a bitter taste in his mouth... and all from one judgemental comment. A little judging goes a long way!

When one becomes a Christian, one definitely doesn't automaticallly have their act together. God reveals things He wants to change a little at a time, usually from the outward and obvious and then to the inward and subtle. And it's a lifelong experience of molding and shaping, depending upon one's willingness.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it when people have original thoughts, not just spew out quotes from the bible.

I don't think I don't have my act (for lack of a better word ) together. Wait... what? Lol, I think that might be a double negative but you know what I mean.

God I feel like everyone's wanting to change me now into something I'm not and it's repelling. Now's the part where someone comes along and says "Oh we dont, GOD want's to help you change and be a better person and yatta yatta yatta"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG--I just discovered that Billy Joel is God. From 'Just the way you are'

I said I love you, and that's forever
    And this I promise from the heart
    I could not love you any better
    I love you just the way you are.
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That happens to be one most disliked songs of all time! That and Honesty and She's Always A Woman To Me. They just don't rock! Liked him much better with, Still Rock And Roll To Me and You May Be Right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Billy Joel is well represented in my list of most disliked songs of all time too. Billy Joel seems to be proof that evolution doesn't work. Hmmm . . . but he's also proof that there couldn't have been a divine creation. Looks like the Navajo creation myth had it right all along, with Billy Joel being something the coyote dragged in.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast