What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm a christian now

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Yep, didn't think you'd ever hear me say that did ya?

I had a little mental crisis and now I'm a secular christian. Christ-Follower is a better word. I'd still gay and proud of of, still support all my old political views, still dislike mainstream christianity, still like drugs but now i believe in God.

Hehe, weird, huh? Feels surreal but I'm not making a big dealio about it. Figured I'd tell ya. What changed my mind was that all that BS happened thousands of years ago and I'm not gonna worry about it. Bugsy helped me out a lot on that.

Maybe some of you will think I've got my own perverted version of christianity going, and if you do, that's ok. lol. I'm doing what works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm doing what works for me"

That's the secret to life, bro! So long as you aren't hindering anyone else's pursuits of life, liberty, and happiness, then always, always do what works for you and don't worry a bit about the opinions of others.

Ehh I won't lie it was really partially fear-based but I think I made the right choice. Crappy reason but oh well.

I'm still the same old clint :) My life isn't really gonna change at all.

Ehh I won't lie it was really partially fear-based but I think I made the right choice. Crappy reason but oh well.

I'm still the same old clint :) My life isn't really gonna change at all.

lol. Fear! Glad that your new ideology is not going to change you fundamentally. Stand by your convictions.

I'm doing what works for me.

The meaning of life is to find meaning in life.

xvart.

How interesting, what a reversal! I was an atheist not too long ago but i also found god. I dont know how christian that makes me, but im far closer now than i used to be.

What changed my mind was that all that BS happened thousands of years ago and I'm not gonna worry about it. Bugsy helped me out a lot on that.

I am confused by this. Was it the BS that changed your mind?

I mean killing everyone and stuff lol. It happened a long time ago, and it may have never happened anyway, all we have to go on is an outdated book that MAN wrote, not god.

Guess I can't hold it against him lol.

I completely agree with that veiw of the bible. Gotta find your own way.

Whatever works for you Clint :) I'm glad you're happy with your decision :)

Huh. I did the reverse. I used to beleive in God. Then I became an agnostic. Then I became out-right convinced that there's not such thing.

Well, who's to say? The religion thing didn't work for me, but if it works for you, that's great. Be pretty boring world if we all thought & acted the same!

Oh, to be young again, when everything can change from minute to minute. So does this mean you're back to looking at Berry again or will you go for the gusto and apply to Bob Jones?

Hehe, no, no Berry! I still dislike evangelicalism (I dont wanna say I dislike evangelicals 'cause that would prolly offend someone lol)

Huh. I did the reverse. I used to beleive in God. Then I became an agnostic. Then I became out-right convinced that there's not such thing.

Well, who's to say? The religion thing didn't work for me, but if it works for you, that's great. Be pretty boring world if we all thought & acted the same!

You either believe there is a God Almighty or down right reject it. It's sad how many people belittle God to the word "religion".

Yep, didn't think you'd ever hear me say that did ya?

I had a little mental crisis and now I'm a secular christian. Christ-Follower is a better word. I'd still gay and proud of of, still support all my old political views, still dislike mainstream christianity, still like drugs but now i believe in God.

Hehe, weird, huh? Feels surreal but I'm not making a big dealio about it. Figured I'd tell ya. What changed my mind was that all that BS happened thousands of years ago and I'm not gonna worry about it. Bugsy helped me out a lot on that.

Maybe some of you will think I've got my own perverted version of christianity going, and if you do, that's ok. lol. I'm doing what works for me.

Thanks for sharing this awesome news! I can't express how happy I am for you that you have found Christ. Forget about the labeling or the institutions. You are a Christian, a Christ follower! Who cares what people think of you, have they not committed sin themselves? No one but Christ lived without sin and thanks to Him we can communicate with God because of His love for us.

Also remember the Christian life is a journey, we don't all start from the same place or fall to the same sins. Just a quick question for you: If you're surprised now about how your life has changed now, do you think you might be even more surprised how much your life changes as you grow closer to God?

I hope not lol. I'm fine the way I am now. I WAS happy before, just unsure. I was fine then 3 days ago I started to worry about it a LOT for some reason. I became a christian out of fear and that's a bad reason I know.

I'm not going to be religious, i'm secular I guess. I'm not gonna worry about sin or anything.

I think while I was an atheist I really believed but suppressed it. Lol.. I believed but didn't know it? lol

I hope not lol. I'm fine the way I am now. I WAS happy before, just unsure. I was fine then 3 days ago I started to worry about it a LOT for some reason. I became a christian out of fear and that's a bad reason I know.

I'm not going to be religious, i'm secular I guess. I'm not gonna worry about sin or anything.

I think you'll be in for a surprise :). I have changed so much since I've started pursuing Christ and I thank Him for that.

Fear is a just reason, I mean common you don't really want to go up against God now do you :blush: ? However I hope that when you have some time you will read the book of John, a good starting point when you're just meeting God. I started there myself. You will find that the love God has for you and how important you are to Him is the ultimate reasoning to become a Christian.

yay!!!! Another Dave like me!!!

But seriously, JLAP I'm happy for you...like what many other people have said, whatever makes you happy. Just don't let it get in between you and others. But by all means do what you will.
Congrats

Lmao, get between me and others? I'm still me! I have no plans on "
pursuing" anything.

I just didn't wanna go to hell lmao

I knew my agreeing with Outsiders71 couldn't last. I disagree about "You either believe there is a God Almighty or down right reject it." I'm in between. But I have an easier time understanding how someone believes there's a God than understanding how someone can be convinced there isn't one somewhere.

I disagree about "You either believe there is a God Almighty or down right reject it." I'm in between. But I have an easier time understanding how someone believes there's a God than understanding how someone can be convinced there isn't one somewhere.

isn't that strange on how religion can be so similar but different at the same time?
How someone who can halfway agree with you, yet later disagree because of a later detail.
That's why I love religious talks and debates.

Doesnt the bible want us to fear god though? So you have right reason, I still teater totter, this fire has really made me think. And the whole bible survivng is kinda weird it was close to the flames too.

Part of me said, what was forged in hell tends not to burn, and then part of me was just... awestruck. Even though the contradiction is on me, theirs really no hell w/o christianity.

Just some things are hard, i just dont like some things, and every one allways tells me its not right to teater on a fence, which in the Strait up christian veiw is all like woah... you are crazy thast not right *point point point at verses* Ether way, sweet choice, it takes allot of guts and balls to be a christian.

Gluck on youre journy i like to think ive taken a kinda pit stop.

*edit*

Some of you guys say theirs a down right way to be a christian which is the truth. You eather are or you arent, you fallow jesus/god, or you dont. You dont like it, do some of you guys like some political ideas? Of course not, Lets let this be a joyus moment, this is really no different than when Farmer dave came out. I dont want to start crap up again!!!!

Back