What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I saw...

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
BUDS!!!! TREE BUDS! RED BUDS!

I saw a tree thick with red leaf buds on my way to meet a friend for lunch. SPRING IS COMING! That was so encouraging! Once that starts, spring just leaps forward! :D

YAY! Time to start working on the plants!

Anyone else seeing signs of spring?

Well, we've had daffodils for about a months lol.

When can we start putting plants outside again?

Yup lots of signs here in FL! All the animals have come out again. Like the lizards and frogs, they all disapeared for the winter, now they're all back, yay :boogie: My plants are starting to come to life again too! I love Spring :-D

Oh yeah.. The D. filiformis are ready to start sending up the first threads of the year. The daffodills in the flower bed have been blooming for 2 weeks already. The rose bushes are starting to put out fresh leaf buds.. the Fuscia bushes are making new leaf buds....

Now watch.. it will do like it did last year.. it will be springlike weather through all of January and February.. then it will rain day and night untill mid-may... :crazy:

BTW.. am I the only one who sits out in the yard in early spring just to watch the Sarracenia pitchers grow?

I would watch the pitchers grow if they were in plain sight.

Bah - everything is still under snow - I hope to see the first snow drops and crocuses when it melts.

We got a lot of white stuff popping up everywhere here.

Spring has not come to South Florida yet...the tourists are still here.
As long as they are around I have to eat at restaurants where I know the owner, that way
I go to the head of the line. Also the bartender actually puts some wiskey in my manhattan.

Spring has not come to South Florida yet...the tourists are still here.
As long as they are around I have to eat at restaurants where I know the owner, that way
I go to the head of the line. Also the bartender actually puts some wiskey in my manhattan.

Sounds like ranting from the movie Summer Rental :-D

Summer Rental? I must have missed that one. Did it win an academy award?

BUDS!!!! TREE BUDS! RED BUDS!
RED BUGS!! :-O

Already?

:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

Oh you said buds not bugs.

Back