Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: An Inconvienient Truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually its perfectly fair.......................he claims ppl are destroying the enviroment but he is above doing his part in helping out on a personal basis? thats a buch of hipocritical BS....................he can point fingers at everyone else but its ok if he doesnt follow what he preaches.................BS.............its like an anti-logging individual building an 8 bedroom log home...........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caps..................the more i thought about it over lunch the more your statement made absolutly no sence to me...........if anything Gore would be in a position to limit his energy consumption........he has the money to install solar power, he has the money to do all sorts of things to save on his energy consumption that are out of my range due to cost. to say that the points he preaches shouldnt apply to him just because he is an ex vice president is reduculous. he is only doing all this BS to keep himself in the news and fatten his wallet.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe align himself as a front runner to the Green Party? After all, what's an out-of-work has-been Dem to do? Sit around and eat Cheetos all day watching Talk Shows?
    Also he's pickin up the Hollywood money (they'll throw $$ at problems instead of actually doing something themselves with a few exceptions) as well as people are listening to him again. And that's one of the things that Politicians really want, to stand on the soap box and yakity-yak...

As far as the Global Warming issue? I think more that with the destruction of the environment we're gonna have all sortsa crazy weather... big storms, hot/cold swings, earthquakes, droughts, floods, locust swarms... whatever.
    It's not going to be that it just gets warmer, it will be violent and unpredictable as things change too quickly.
    Course I'm no Scientist or anything..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that's one of the things that Politicians really want, to stand on the soap box and yakity-yak...
    AMEN!
    cervid serial killer

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Caps makes a good point. rattler, you're correct in saying that Gore should take a personal responsibility to curb his use, but do you have any evidence to show that he doesn't? You're comparing his energy consumption to the average American household. That includes a MASSIVE amount of low-income families that can barely afford power. Adjust for his income bracket, profession, and the size of his property and then we'll talk. Or, more fairly, check and see how the power is actually used (efficient appliances, etc.)
    How many people here on the forums can say that they consume less energy per annum than the average? I bet it's vanishingly slim, just because almost all of us have plant lights running. I live in a well-insulated house with mostly energy efficient appliances, but I have baseboard heaters and 300W of fluorescent lights running most of the day in the winter. My summer energy use is less than half average for households of my size in my area, but I use about as much as a family of five for me and a roommate in the winter.
    Your point is well taken, but don't try to make more of the statistics than they are.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seedjar is absolutely right - the statistic may be facts, but those facts can be presented in various ways.

To say he uses 20 times as much as the average makes him look like a pig....

BUT

If (and I don't know) it were true that he used half the average for comperable properties, that would make him look a whole lot better.....
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Estates cost more of everything to upkeep. To determine if they are really exessive, you need to know more about the buildings. Materials, age, etc. Older buildings cost more to heat often beause of large expanses of glass, etc. Jumping to conclusions avoids the incoveinent truth that you know nothing about what is using the energy, and in what way
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this in an article in the Daily News on my lunchbreak. I'm sure the huge mansion this ex-politician lives does need more power to supply than the average household but I'm sure the mansion is still heated when he's not home.... altough he maybe turns out the lights when he leaves the room.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast