Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: An Inconvienient Truth

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch do you realize that there is enough stored methane at the bottom of the ocean that if release would cause up to turn into an oven overnight? Or that cows release many litters of it a day, and that methane is a far more heat retentive GH gas than CO2. You are correct current science is all we have to go one, but it is not always correct. Many things are proven or dispreven all the time. Many scientists are trying to disprove E=MC2 as we speak. Science is never written in stone. Have you stopped to think about how the science of the global warming buffs may have been distorted to fit their views? And you as well as I know that if you repeat something enogh times people start to belive it.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wikiality lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You realize that there is enoug carbon dioxide stored in the earth to turn it into an oven too, stored as fossil fules? That is thats whole worry.

And, second of all, there is no doubt among most reputable scientists that this in part natural. As much as the pro-global warming fan community doesnt want to beleive it, it is natural to a degree. How much? We can only speculate! You have heard the whole argument about the greenhouse effect, so i shall spare you of it. The point is, it is better to be overly cautious and turn out to be wrong than to be overly optomistic than be wrong, because once you royally screw up either way, theres no going back for several lifetimes. I dont know about you, but better safe the sorry, IMHO

Or perhas its better to say better to be safe and sorry than sorry and screwed! LMAO
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am safeer than sorry when there is a need to be alarmed. I do not see the trend everyone is worried about personaly. So do as you must. I will do what my wollet allows, but I am not going to loose sleep over it. I have much bigger things to spend my time worrying about.

If you want a solution to the CO2 delema. Figure out a way to break CO2 into its carbon and oxygen elements then it iw not threatning. It would increase O2 in the atmosphere and collet carbon everything needs anyway.

We need to setup mass diatom farms and more Kelp farms since those are the biggest scrubbers of CO2 from the atmosphere. They produce most ofthe O2 we breath anyway.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know, when world experts in the feild say there is a reason to be alarmed, id listen, because no one knows more about the subject than they do. Not you. Not me

Wow bigger things than the climate of the planet, the one and only one we live on, that our children will inherit? Whats bigger than that? The payment due on the SUV? Whatever.

About those options, you make it sound like its no big deal, and easy fix. Not to mention that neither of those options you mentioned are anywhere near viable solutions. You cant break that bond without a massive amount of energy- its very strong. Where would that energy come from, I ask you? As for kelp, not so- they are confined to shallow waters and are abundant only in spotty areas. They are not the biggest producer of oxygen.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's hard for me to care because I don't want kids, but I do want an SUV. If I did want kids, that's 20 years away, and the SUV is a couple of years away. It's also hard to care about something, atleast for me, when i'll be dead before it gets bad enough for me to care.

Theoretically I care! Practically I dont. No one is gonna change until it's really easy and cheap. It wont catch on until either laws are enacted to steer us in the right direction or we don't have to go out of our way to help the earth, because americans are lazy as hell and don't like to go out of our way for anything in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kids thing doesnt matter if you are going to have some yourself. Dont you see the problem with that kind of veiw? Yould be dead, but before you go, what else will we take with you. 25% of the cp's?

Thats why we need laws that mandate tis kind of thing, because its too inconvenient for americans to think of anything that would jepordize their high standard of living. Cry me a river...
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah HUH? Lol, take with me? I'm lost.

I don't want to be forced to use a crappy little flourescent lightbulb. I don't want to be forced to recycle or lower my carbon footprint. I want to do it on my own.

I convinced my parents to go out and buy a couple dozen flourescent lightbulbs. they lasted a week and went out, we got new ones, same deal. Eventually we went back to good old philips earth killers I mean incandescent. Burning strong!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast