What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnivorous plants...AND TECHNO!!!!!

Hey, I'm with ya. Those guys are all pioneers in making electronic music as popular as it has become today (more so on an international level than here in the US).

Also, I hate to bust out technicalities, but this happens to be somewhat of a speciality of mine.

Electronic is the umbrella genre under Music, in general. Dance, Trance, Techno, Industrial, House, etc are all subgenres, that break down into further subgenres like acid trance, freetekno, progressive house, dark ambient, etc.

Check it out for yourself: Definition of Electronic music and mostly complete list of electronic subgenres

Oh and, uh, to tie all this in to carnivorous plants...my VFTs sway to some old Orbital all the time. :-))

That's really interesting!

Now here's 2 questions, what's an example of "Pure" techno and of course... how the hell can you tell ALL of those tiny little subgenres apart?

Even my parents love techno lol. I couldn't believe it when I found that out lol.

That's really interesting!

Now here's 2 questions, what's an example of "Pure" techno and of course... how the hell can you tell ALL of those tiny little subgenres apart?

Even my parents love techno lol. I couldn't believe it when I found that out lol.

Truthfully, you don't find many people "in the know" that still label electronic music Techno except the people who don't really listen to it (sorry if that comes across wrong). Like Eminem said, "Nobody listens to Techno!" and not because people don't like electronic music, but because what used to be called Techno is generally different these days and called something else.

Dance/Trance/House are the most common terms for the artists you've mentioned. That's exactly where DJ Tiesto fits, as well.

"If the robots win we'll have to listen to techno HECK NO (I'll never listen to techno!)" Lmao

Thanks for that info, I'll have to investigate that further and start calling what I like differently.

"I may not know art but I know what I like" lol

Should I retitle this topic "Techno Music and its Genres"?? :rolleyes:

Sorry, we're done.

Should I retitle this topic "Techno Music and its Genres"?? :rolleyes:

gf-komolov.gif

nice vid, though I will mention... that music is not techno... More like neo-classical, the composer often mixes opera/classical with pop. Not sure if anyone here watches anime but the composer for that piece is very famous (up with Yoko Kanno as soundtrack composer goddesses) and did music for Noir, .Hack//, Madlax, and the last two Xenosaga soundtracks to name a few.

On another note she made 2 jazzy pieces called "Nepenthes" which are pretty good if anyone wants to hear them.

I don't care if people want to discuss music. Just start a topic for it. No big deal. Takes a split second to create a new topic. Or I can change the title of this one and let y'all roll. No biggie.

Nice smiley Jeztor. I'll take it that it was meant in the spirit of humor. Maybe Andrew can add it to our list.

Great video BTW. Wonder how long it took to put that together.

Nice smiley Jeztor. I'll take it that it was meant in the spirit of humor. Maybe Andrew can add it to our list.

Oh yes, definitely the spirit of humor.

:-P-:

Awsome...thank you Andrew! I think that will work fine in the mod forum. :-P-:

I'm glad you guys like it. There's a lot more where that came from.

Anybody know where i can download that song from the first vid?

Any Peer 2 Peer network should have it.

The song is called "Mezame" by Yuki Kajiura from the My-HiMe soundtrack.

Try http://www.radioblogclub.com/search/0/yuki_kajiura if you just want to sample stuff. Otherwise, I won't advise you on any other P2P networks here on these boards since you'd be downloading from an illegal source. Send me an email or something if you're more interested.

Found it. Thank alot jeztor!

Back