Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lost Tomb of Jesus

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havn't seen the film or the interview but it's kind of absurd to take whatever someone says with 100% faith just because of their title. Then again that's what we do with God, then again I believe in God... BOOM

*Head explodes*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have yet to hear God utter a sound.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Quote Originally Posted by Dyflam View Post
    I have yet to hear God utter a sound.
    AMEN!!
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooh it's such a crock... basically the filmmakers are making a big deal out of some major speculation. they found some ossuaries in Jerusalem with the ancient Aramaic equivalents of John Smith and Family written on them, and they claim it's Jesus. that's about all the evidence they've got.

the New York Times ran a good interview with some of the directors... my favorite part was when they asked one of the directors why they had not tested all of the ossuaries for DNA relatedness (this might have changed some of their comclusions):

“We’re not scientists. At the end of the day we can’t wait till every ossuary is tested for DNA,” he (Simcha Jacobovici, director) said. “We took the story that far. At some point you have to say, ‘I’ve done my job as a journalist.’ ” NYT- ‘Crypt Held Bodies of Jesus and Family…” 2/27/2007

translation: "What are you, crazy? We just call this stuff science for publicity. If we did REAL science we wouldn't have a STORY!!! Sheesh."

nonsense, the whole thing.
    "Seeds? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget they grow from those. I feel like they should hatch or something."

~a friend's observation of my CP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DNA testing is not that expensive, especially when you have a budget like that and income from interviews and possible a future book deal

Capitalizing on religion, it's the American way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be the popular thing to do these days.

I don't really believe all of it either, but it burns my cookies to watch one journalist after another blatantly make up stuff that never was uttered in the film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get your cameras guys I need to make a movie to prove how I found the real cross and also the perserved remains of Jesus' pet rabit from the first easter. you know the pet rabbit that Jesus fed jelly beans and it layed chocolate eggs. Well I found it and I want make a documentry and prove to people that the rabbit and candy are important to christianity.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how many xmas and easter are really pagan holidays that have been christianfied... is that a word?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast