Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning to Atlanta area growers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning to Atlanta area growers

I suggest that all Atlanta growers keep a sharp eye on their collections. I believe someone has "found" me and is liberating my plants. Last night discovered that my 'Leah' and a portion of my lecuo x umlauftiana appear to have been stolen. At first I thougt it was maybe just that animals had gotten the 'Leah' but when I found the leuco x umlauf had been uprooted, broken into parts and "replanted" (read: carelessly placed back in the hole) I got suspicious. That the tags for both are also missing and that some of the sphag mounds also appear to be missing has pretty much convinced me. Looks like I may have to start keeping the Doberman outside at night now.

Guess I should be thankful that whoever did it was so stupid they failed to recognize the really valuable plants. And that they did not go after the plants in the crawlspace (which is now outfit with a lock.)

I am so pissed!!
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy Poop!!!! I'm sorry!!!
    I would be pissed too!!!

Actually..I would be sitting outside tonight with a paintball gun, rope, and a knife to slash their tires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that Pyro. We don't have many CP people down here, but I keep a VERY large English Mastiff in the yard. The only thieves I get (in rare cases) are the occasional black birds and rodents. I have noticed, however, that birds like to take tags and sphagnum for their nests, Although, they aren't considerate enough to "replant" anything they've uprooted. Keep an eye out and try to find out who did it.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to hear about that Pyro, I didn't realize some plants where expensive enough for some to consider stealing them. There's quite a few cheap options out there for night time video surveillance if your curious to see whats happening. I've found that a flash bulb and motion sensor tends to be enough to deter most opportunists after the first attempt.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now THAT is something to get right steamed over man, very sorry to hear this

You know, since the one at least is a "money" plant, you might be able to keep an eye on the commerce of it and find the culprit (E-bay maybe??)

If I sees any mention of it where it doesn't seem right, you will be the first to know- even if it's just a long-shot, man, I hope you find 'em and at LEAST make them sorry for this...

Okay, anything more would require language too strong for this board- I hope Doggie gets a pair of pants for dinner sometime soon
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry to here that, mang. It may be worth contacting police.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really sorry to hear that. Maybe you could buy some old broken video cameras and put them in your plant area with a sign like "Smile, you're on candid camera." Might make someone leave quickly if they came back to do harm.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't Tony P. booby trap his GH? Sorry to hear about your loss!
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast