What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writing a letter....

OKay, I was wandering, how do I make a letter to a foreign country? I live in Florida and will need to make a letter to Germany. Will there be any extra things I would have to do? Like stamps and stuff?

Yep, you should just ask at the post office about how much the stamp for "international/intercontinental" would be and get that one, other than that, adresses can be tricky for other countries so make sure you get it EXACTLY right- must be something online to help with this no???

And put Germany after the address, like

Hedwig Gutentag
115 glockenstchag Dr,
City, state and zip if applicable
Germany

Making up German words is fun!

Yes, it is pretty simple.

As pointed out try to find out what the format for the address is and print it exactly as you can. The last line has to be the country. Underlining it helps but is not necessary.

Then just purchase air mail postage from the post office. I think for a typical letter it's $0.63.

And again as you noted mark the envelope 'Air Mail' or 'Via Air Mail' or 'Par Avion'. The Post Office will usually do this for you. These are normally marked on the front of the envelope on the lower left corner and in the upper right near the stamps and cancellation marks.

Back