What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I believe I have been replaced in my house...

... by a TV remote control that is possibly smarter than I am.

it has a screen. not an old school LED screen- like a cell phone screen, but better. and lots of buttons. but it's those too-cool-for-explanations type of buttons, so they're really tiny and labelled in size 2 font, so you can only understand them if you're in on some big secret. my personal favorite button is the one that says "Help". yes. "Help". this remote control apparently needs a "help" feature. and a charger. it is too good for batteries, so it sleeps in its own specially placed charging cradle when not in use. mercifully, it does not talk. yet. it looks like it could learn.

i just finished an 8 hour car ride and i was really hoping for electronics that i did not have to out-think.... my parents aren't allowed to buy any more overly complicated electronics!!!!

Yeah I once stepped on one of those when I was boxing with a friend in his basement. It was that original Philips one that you may remember from those Philips commercials. Anyways, it wasn't cheap at all to replace that dang broken screen, especially since I was in high school watching all my hard earned money going down the tubes.

They certianly have a ton of features, though.

xvart.

Yeah I know how you feel :-(
my parents just got one too!!

Back