Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adnedarn! Here I come!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would throw caution to the wind, drive all the way there, have NO plan as to what to do, or where to go, and how I am going to pay for it all. And try to sell oreo's on e-bay! Try this Nikki! Show a picture on e-bay of a beautiful heavily veined S. oreophila and quote a bid open price of 50 bucks. When they see a beautiful picture like that, the bidding will go through the roof. When the dust clears, have them send the cash, and you send him oreo's. A whole bag of them. (GOOD cookies!) With a note. Can't sell oreo's across state lines. Will these do? Then, disappear for ten years, and surface when the coast is clear. Should have enough money from the sale to live in Arizona for a couple of weeks!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are definatly lots of hummingbirds! I was unaware one was any different than the other LOL their nests sure are neat though! And to watch them sit on the nest with just a beak hanging over (or 3 or 4 once the babies are bigger) is quite the site!

I would say to stop by on your way through, but I10 is gonna be under MAJOR construction by then and there will be no off ramps unless you wanna back track many many miles. Not worth it
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How exciting! I say go for it! Just make sure you have computer connection when you arrive so you can update us on your progress. Is there any particular reason why you chose AZ?

My parents talk about how they moved from FL to TN with only a small hope of one job for my dad. They loaded everything up in a small U-Haul trailer and went on their way. When they got to the smoky mountains they thought, "well, we have never seen these mountains and probably might not again for a while, so we may as well just drive them on the way." Big mistake my dad recalls as they were navigating tight roads with steep drop-offs with a U-Haul and they went to the smokies all the time afterwards!

Just be careful how you travel. lol.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Growing CP (especially Neps) out there is gonna be difficult. Here in FL you just have to set them outside. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have family there, that's why we chose AZ. We have a new plan. Sell everything, don't get a Uhaul and just buy or rent stuff when we get there. My family has some furniture we can have, plus we're moving into a small one bedroom that my family owns so we won't have to pay rent, then we save up money until we can get our own place. This is a HUGE thing for us, but we want to be out of FL. I do love the scenery here but in AZ there are no hurricanes or tornados. I know it's all desert but that has it's own beauty too. I'm not too worried about growing CP's, that's the least of my worries right now, lol.

0zzy, how can you make their price go down so much? Wanna pm me with some more info?
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper7 View Post
    I have family there, that's why we chose AZ.
    Oh yeah. I remember reading that now.

Your succulent and cacti collection might grow a lot in that area!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arizona has some great ROCKS!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AZ is sooo pretty.

ive been wanting to move there (jerome in particular) but im broke. i know this might sound stupid so please forgive my ignorance but, are there coyotes in AZ? im afraid that if i move there and my dog escapes by accident, that a coyote might eat him.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast