User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: part one: Just a thought.. But would members be interested in.....

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

part one: Just a thought.. But would members be interested in.....

EDIT apparently what I have said here is confusing to some. I will start a new topic later rephrasing what I'm talking about... Stay tunned!!
    Andrew

Right now this is only a thought and nothing is set in stone yet. But I'm tossing around an idea of a "premium membership" for the forums. With this membership option you would get things like:

for 1 year:
    -your name in gold
    -Access to buy / sell forum (buying and selling ONLY allowed in this forum, only 1 open topic per person at a time, 6 items listed for sale at a time per topic, and it is NOT for people who have stores (you cannot link to your store etc there may be another option for you guys later down the road though)
    -Open/close own threads all over forums (do NOT open a thread that has been closed by a mod for moderation reasons)
    -150 MB (157286400 bytes) of upload space where you can upload pictures directly to topics rather than needing to use other hosting services.
    -Can store 200 PMs (instead of 75)

Later (if this looks promising) I will open polls for how many of you would be interested in this and get a better idea of what you'd be willing to pay.

So for now are you possibly interested? About how much would you be willing to pay for it? And what other "options" or "features" would you want to have as a premium member?

If there are not many interested people, or the willing pay is not enough to offset the additional costs this would cost me to run (and help pay for the forums already active as that is the actual goal of this ) it likely will not happen.

-Andrew
    Last edited by adnedarn; 03-16-2007 at 09:31 PM.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 bucks a year tops or 5 bucks a month, but Im sure you are more prone to the 5 bucks a month. It depends on how you have to pay. I would pay even then i might not buy it, i don't do a whole lot on the boards, but closing threads would be nice, and its a way to support the forum.

You should let us have bigger siggy's too if we can pay... OR maybe some kind of "tag" under our avatar of a vft or something cool kinda like hey this person paid.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is a fantastic idea, and before I read Cody's post I was thinking that 20 bucks per year is the most i'd spend, too. A lot of our younger members (like me!) would like this but our parents would think it's stupid to spend more than 20 or so bucks on extra features. I'd be glad to pay it.

Cash OK? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good but I'm not gonna pay for it.....sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd pay $20, even though I don't have any interest in those extras. But I think you'd actually collect more $ if you charged less. Maybe $10?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ad the extras you should also take away the 60 second waiting period thing. or what ever it is on the PM's.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Removing delays for searching, between PMs, between posts etc would be a great addition to this. Since the main idea of these is to prevent spammers and obviously someone paying to be a premium member would not be a spammer
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is a very good Idea. $20 a year or $5 a month sounds good to me.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast