What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And i thought it couldnt get worse

I had a car wreck. I my self am fine, awesome bruise where the seat belt was, but other wise i woulda been dead. Ill get pictures eventualy, supposedly rolled 4-5 times. Basicaly i dozed off at the wheel. Had a hard time getting to sleep last night long day at school and then drama....

It's good to still have you around :bigthumpup:

OMG! Hey I can appreciate how you feel. A seat belt saved my butt too!
But sounds like it is TIME TO CHANGE SOMETHING!!! Slow down your life!
Smaller bites digest easier!!!!!! Your angels protected you!!! Be sure to give credit where it is due!!! Facing death is one drama that will definitely change your perspective!!! Being an old fart seeing just how much time is really left has gotten me wondering on the best use of that time!!!! One reason I am here. One reason the site with Bihrmann's images is up. One reason I am grinding my nose on digesting info on Selaginella for a very cool and very useful web journal. So please do take out that tape measure and measure it!!! This is a chance you almost did not have!!!

wow! man!!!
that sucks!! well at least you're alive!!

But now I'm a little reliuctatnt to drive again... :-(

Nah i love driving its such a freedom. But I learned a few things, i should call some one when I'm tired, i should stop pull over walk around if I'm tired, slap my self open a window. So this shouldn't happen again. The irony is i was only half a mile from the house.

when I'm tired, i should stop pull over walk around if I'm tired, slap my self open a window.

walking occationally works depending on how tired you are.........for me if i cant walk for atleast 15 minutes it wont wake me up

slapping your self doesnt work well............BTDT

opening a window only works if its cold out...................

trust me i have LOTS of experiance with this..........the scariest one was when i dozed off for about 2 seconds on a mountain pass, the rumble strips woke me up but opening my eyes to see the lil guard rail that was going to keep me from a 1/4 mile drop straight down scared me enough i was wide awake for a loooooooooooong time. i would be happy never to experiance that again. have yet to wreck or go off the road by dozing off.........black ice has sent me into the ditch a few times though.........

Glad you're okay. I'm guessing that your car is toast, though. Rolled four or five times? Wow!

I've heard that driving tired is more dangerous than driving drunk.

xvart.

Jeez, glad you're ok. You're lucky you had your seatbelt on. Just imagine if you didn't!

If i didn't have my seat belt on i would be head first through the windshield...

I ALWAYS where my seatbelt. had a ex girlfriend not wearing a seatbelt break my windshield with her head in a accident I was in. she had a major concussion and I didn't even have a bruise bump or anything on me.
I dozed off at the wheel once. also about a half mile from my house.
lucky to wake up when I bumped the curb.
How fast where you going to flip the car over?
peace,
Zero

NepAK did your hit another car?

Glad to hear you're okay...

Wow I'm so glad you're ok!

I remember this past summer I kinda dosed off but cought myself. It was 4 in the mourning after I woke up at 6 the day before and worked 15 hours moving furnature. But I had to see the lady. Good you're still good though.

THAT is pretty hardcore, you are lucky to be alive- I'm glad you're up and posting man, BE CAREFUL out there (not like you hadn't heard that already, sorry)
Hope you have a full recovery, and a speedy one at that :D

I'm glad you're (mostly) OK. I learned to wear a seatbelt because my brother used to put Armorall on the bench seat of the pickup we shared in high school. I went around a corner once and almost ended up in the passenger seat when my butt slid across that slippery vinyl. Which was kind of ironic because my father learned to wear a seat belt after having a similar experience on a twisty West Virginia mountain road when he was young and stupid. My brother just knew to wear a seat belt.

But if you're so tired that you think you need to slap yourself or get out an walk around, stop driving. It just isn't worth the risk to yourself or whoever you might hit. Driving needs 100% concentration and, if you can't give that, it's time to stop driving. Even using a cell phone supposedly increases the likelihood of an accident to drunk driving levels.

I'm glad you are still here.

Just glad that nothing worse happened. Same thing happened a few years back when my wife was driving. It totalled the minivan but she and the three of the kids with her were safe. A lot of times if ya can pull over and grab a nap or walk around for a bit, it rejuvenates you for awhile.

Holy cow! I'm so glad you're ok! I wish you a speedy recovery.

Did someone find you or were you able to call someone after it happened?

xvart.

Back