Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Couey sentenced to death!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad your wife wants to confront the parents, I think this is important. Something like this should not go unnoticed. His parents need to know. Also if he was kicked out for doing such things, THEY should have not allowed your daughter to sleep over.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eww.. children are not sexy. When will people realize this?

Anyway, I don't think he should get the death penalty.... I think life in prison is way worse than death. Give me the choice between life in prison and the death penalty and I'll pick death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that is true JLAP. Life in Prison Solitary Confinement would be even better.
    Even though I sometimes enjoy being in a quiet dark room with no one in it for a while, after a certain point I need to get out and have some human contact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it truely sad that one human being can do this to another. It just furthers my point of view that humans are vile creatures and the worst creation of what ever it is that put humans on earth.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
    I find it truely sad that one human being can do this to another. It just furthers my point of view that humans are vile creatures and the worst creation of what ever it is that put humans on earth.
    Don't you consider that view a bit pessemistic?

As for the death sentence... eh... I'd rather have him kept around doing enough work to monetarily "justify" his existance (even if that sounds odd.) No parole, no chance to ever hurt another person.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to sentencing death I find myself making some pretty inconsistent decisions, but people who take advantage of the very young or very old by removing life have, in my eyes, just forfeit theirs.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an appalling case. Buried alive?? As if everything else he did wasn't bad enough... She was buried with her favorite purple stuffed animal.

He got what he deserved and they need to be quick about it. He showed extreme cruelty in the act itself and has shown no sorrow or remorse. He'll have a far more humane death than did Jessica.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to spoil the party here, but, he was not sentenced to death. In Florida in death penalty cases the jury makes a recommendation. In this case it was a 10-2 vote in favor of the death penalty. The jude decides the actual sentence. He officially will not be sentenced until sometime in April. Even if he does receive the death sentence the actual time line in Fl is about 22 years of appeals and whatnot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast