User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our female puppy is going into heat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats the exact reason why i didnt want my7 yo. husky spayed/neutered.

however, i have a schnauzer/poodle mix that lives with me and when i adopted him from the shelter, it was mandatory that i get him neutered. i was worried that it would affect his personality - that he'd be a couch potato and he'd be less loving. plus, i was worried that he'd notice one day that his "jewels" are missing and that he'd hate me.

so to make a long story short, i got him neutered. his personality is still the same, he still loves me and he eats more now than he did before.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jiana54 View Post
    so to make a long story short, i got him neutered. his personality is still the same, he still loves me and he eats more now than he did before.
    And humps your pillows a little less? Maybe?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    And humps your pillows a little less? Maybe?

xvart.
    sister's leg actually. but yes he was less "riled up"
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if it does no good to preach in this situation, spaying a dog does prevent her from getting certain cancers and keep her from being an outcast for several weeks every year. When I was a kid, we used to keep our female dogs in the kitchen those weeks for their first heat and then get them spayed. We now have the first female dog I've had since high school, but she's only 4 months old and it isn't an issue yet. But she's a show and field trial prospect, so she isn't getting spayed. After she retires or, if she doesn't pan out in those competitive things, she'll be spayed and enjoy life as a pet who doesn't have to come into heat twice a year.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I never even stopped to think about how often dogs go into heat. I knew it wasn't "once a month," but didn't think it was only twice a year. Wow! You learn something new everyday!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's twice per year, but I'll have to ask my wife who's the household expert on all things dog.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this and thought it said "Female Guppy" lmao.

My dog is spayed but she still humps. Go figure. I wonder if it frustrates dogs to be fixed.

My hump, my hump my lovely lady lumps. Check it out.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's a total myth about the "changing personality" thing. And humans tend to project their own discomfort with the thought of being spayed/neutered onto their pets. Its really a shame because cats and dogs are SO much better off being spayed or neutered. They don't go through needless hormone changes, can't get accidently knocked up and get to stay part of their family all the time instead of being isolated for impolite seasonal behavior.

Both my dogs have been neutered and they barely batted an eye. And it didn't change their personality in the least. It also relieved any worries I had about them jumping the fence if they sensed a female in season.

Good luck with the diapers. My dog Ollie would tear something like that off in a heartbeat! lol
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast