Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Water only?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water only?

Hey I was wandering if CPs could survive in like a bucket of distilled water. I ask because I remember seeing Droseas floating in a river ,though they were in like a fin layer of moss or something holding them up.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Sarracenia that has been residing, bare root, in a bowl of water for the better part of the last month.. not only is it still alive but it is also sending up flower stalks.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarrs seem to like flooded conditions. I beleive Bugweed grows his in essentially a peat slurry.

Some Drosera intermedia are more or less aquatic during the summer months as their habitat floods, but need drier conditions during dormancy.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Sarrs seem to like flooded conditions. I beleive Bugweed grows his in essentially a peat slurry.

Thats exactly how I have all of mine growing now. See pics here: http://terraforums.com/forums/showth...106967&page=12

I would say that the "mix" is 50% peat.. and 50% water.. lol
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.