What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

part two (PLEASE READ!) : Just a thought.. But would members be interested in.....

So mods are getting the premium member ship right of hand w/o paying money?

I totally dig what you're doing Andrew. I'm worried that this might cause feelings of ill will or jealousy or elitism. I hope not. I mean 20 bucks is cheap (to me) but it might be a lot to someone else and they could get jealous. Even me saying 20 bucks is cheap could really piss someone off lol.

Lmao, when you said the mods work for you I had an image of Road Warrior were all of the guys in leather are toiling for their master LMAO!!!!

Nothing is said and done with any of it. But the mods will definatly be able to see the forum so it can be moderated. The most active ones here, even if given it free... I'm sure would still pay. PAK was one of the first people I mentioned this to, and right from the start she was "in" on the idea and has consistantly bugged me about when and where can she send me money so she can start posting pictures directly. I really don't see how anyone can get mad at giving mods such a feature for free or at lest disscounted with what they do around here to be honest.

I'm picking up what you're throwing down.

xvart.

edit: I can't wait to take some new pictures and get them hosted here. I will finally be able to more easily share some pics, which I have yet to do!

I can read things 400 times and if there's something I'm meaning to miss, I'll miss it.
'Tis just the way things are. XP

Just to make things clear in case anyone was wondering...Mods have never gotten anything "free" nor even discounted from Petflytrap or from Andrew. The people who moderate these forums do so out of the kindness of their hearts...for the CP COMMUNITY. Its a donation of our time. And trust me, its more time and effort than you think. You only see the "surface" stuff Mods do, not the behind-the-scenes work.

Even if there were some "free" feature or benefit, I don't know how anyone could begrudge that to a Mod. I don't expect any such thing--this is basically like a part-time job that you don't get paid for. You take a modship knowing that...and not expecting any kind of "payment", or you don't do it.

Good thing we like you people. :rolleyes: :D

I wanna pay for the membership to help Andrew out. He works VERY hard on this forum. And you don't make money running a discussion forum; it costs money. This is a community SERVICE. And therefore, it would be nice if the COMMUNITY helped out a little. Its been free for 6 years...and will remain FREE. Premium membership will be TOTALLY OPTIONAL. Nothing will change about the forums. There will just be a few additional features for anyone who WANTS them.

As has been stated before, MANY discussion forums offer premium memberships for a slight fee. Its not a new idea and in all cases the money goes to running the boards...not for going out for filet mignon dinners once a week. Geocaching.com and nikon.com both offer paying memberships.

I think its a cool idea and I'm glad Andrew is offering it. :)

Last edited:
never gotten anything costs
community SERVICE
and will remain FREE
OPTIONAL

lol. I'm not sure how many other ways you can change text to make it more clear... but, repetition repetition repetition! Well put, PAK.

I took some more pictures last night that I am going to upload. How do I get to the hosting site? I saw a link somewhere and now I can't find it...

xvart.

so PAK what your saying is if we want to post on these forums we have to pay?

*rattler is currently running for cover using quick serpentine movements and will be in hiding the rest of the day*

-------------------

Edit: :rant: :censor: Whar's my shotgun! I'm goin' after that thar varmint!

:-))

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhhhhhh Rattler....where arrrrrrrrrrrrrre youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

xvart (and others) in order to use the premium upload service the upload is right here!!! Click "add reply" or "new post" and type up what you need to type. Then scroll down PAST the "submit" button. Down there you will find the upload options (manage attachments). Click browse, find the file on your computer, click upload. DONE! If you want to upload more (up to 10 pics per post!) go ahead and do it. Once you have them all uploaded, go back up to "submit" and click it :) How much easier can it get?!!!
Andrew

I'm gonna test it right now if you don't mine. And by the way.... I'm loving having more PM's. This is really fantastic not having to empty my folders every couple of days.

Ohhh ok all my digital camera files are like twice the size of what this forum accepts. I'll have to do something about that.

JLAP- I'm pretty sure it resizes them for you.. .Or maybe only if it's close... It's done all mine for me.

And you'll be back to deleting once you get to your new cap. LOL or even better yet, once your trial goes away and you're back to 75pms hehe

I just tried it again and the max it allows is 512 KB. It says my pic was 1.76 MB. I didn't even know a picture could be that big lol. It's not a hassle to go to photobucket for me so it's cool.

Yeah I'm ready to send money whenever you are :) This is great! I just emptied it for the first time since the trial.

I want my name in gold. :D

Can I upload stuff?

So do we have to ask for the trial or what? LOL I would be interested 20 bucks for a year sounds good. That is less than 1.75 a month. I can fart and spend that a month. LMAO No really though. One less full throttle fury a month and it is paid for. Think about it. the cap of 75 per is rather small and I like the 200 idea. I would be in for it. Even though I haev been AWOL the past few weeks. I am planning to come back and stir the pot some later. LOL

Now how do we turn off the auto save feature for the sent messages!!!!!!!! That is the bulk of the messages right there.

JLAP- that is HUGE! I couldn't even find any pictures on my computer that big to try out. hahaha my 1670x1740 size pictures are even smaller than that... I'm running a 4.1 MP camera. Anyway- i rechecked the options and it does say if they are not TOO big it will ATTEMPT to resize them. As a side note... Glider currently has 7 pictures hosted here... In less space than your one photo. :p

pak- yes you can. No you gotta stay blue, sorry.

jb- right now only those that showed lots of interest are getting the trial. I'm still thinking about opening it to everyone etc. Right now I'm working on building my store And that is taking alot of time. So this project has kinda taken a back seat. I was hoping to get it up and going before the store... But with all the confustion, it put me behind schedule. (see part 1 for more info) Thanks for wording your support though :)

JLAP- that is HUGE! I couldn't even find any pictures on my computer that big to try out. hahaha my 1670x1740 size pictures are even smaller than that... I'm running a 4.1 MP camera. Anyway- i rechecked the options and it does say if they are not TOO big it will ATTEMPT to resize them. As a side note... Glider currently has 7 pictures hosted here... In less space than your one photo. :p

I know it's ridiculous. lmao. My camera is a sony cybershot. Here's the same pic after being uploading to photoshop. It's not that smaller than the original. http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/clintparsons/DSC01484.jpg

It's not even good quality lmao. Physically it's not that big of a picture. Sure enough I just checked my files and it says 1.75. Crazy.
Sweet Jesus! I just looked at a CRAPPY picture of my dog and it's 2.24 MB! Something is NOT right here.... Swear to God 2.24 MB!

It's not even good quality lmao. Physically it's not that big of a picture. Sure enough I just checked my files and it says 1.75. Crazy.
Sweet Jesus! I just looked at a CRAPPY picture of my dog and it's 2.24 MB! Something is NOT right here.... Swear to God 2.24 MB!

lol On my 8 mp camera a 1600 x 1200 picture in "fine" quality mode it's pretty easy to get pictures that are close to 3 mb a piece. lol.

BTW, It seems really weird that a small picture would be that much. Are you sure that photosop isn't just zooming out on it to make it fit your screen?

I'm looking forward to seeing all of these changes implemented. Normally I would have requested larger avatar/sig size as a suggestion, but those just got upgraded and are pretty darn good now! :)

why PAK i never expected such violence from you :nono: :slap: :bigthumpup:<!-- / message -->

It's all YOUR fault. :-P-: I need to enter rehab. :crap:

And I want my name in gooooooooooooooooooold! I hate blue. :crap:

I think I need a whinervention.

Last edited:
Back