What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

part two (PLEASE READ!) : Just a thought.. But would members be interested in.....

I'm looking forward to seeing all of these changes implemented. Normally I would have requested larger avatar/sig size as a suggestion, but those just got upgraded and are pretty darn good now! :)

I like the current sizes of avatars and signatures. I've lurked in boards where the avatars are huge and the signatures are huge and it's so annoying because it looks like an advertisement screen with all the pictures and banners and such. Currently, in my opinion, there is enough to show cool pictures and do cool stuff, but not enough for it to be annoying if everybody pushed the envelope.

And I want my name in gooooooooooooooooooold! I hate blue. :crap:

You could always resign your modship! lol.

xvart.

lol On my 8 mp camera a 1600 x 1200 picture in "fine" quality mode it's pretty easy to get pictures that are close to 3 mb a piece. lol.

BTW, It seems really weird that a small picture would be that much. Are you sure that photosop isn't just zooming out on it to make it fit your screen?

I'm looking forward to seeing all of these changes implemented. Normally I would have requested larger avatar/sig size as a suggestion, but those just got upgraded and are pretty darn good now! :)

I don't use photoshop and my camera is only 5 MP. Next time I take pics I'll see if i can resize them before I put them on the HD.

Go through the camera options... there is no reason to pick the highest resolution options. especially if the pictures are only going to be on a a computer and never printed on a poster.

You know I bet that's what's wrong! Thanks!

For reference, I pick 640*480 (the smallest option on my camera) in quality "SQ2" and the picture and file size seem perfect for internet viewing.

You could always resign your modship! lol.

Smackdown smacktown. lol :-P-:

Go through the camera options... there is no reason to pick the highest resolution options. especially if the pictures are only going to be on a a computer and never printed on a poster.

Having them saved with "less quality" will also save you room on your memory card so you can hold many many more pictures. If I remember correctly, on my old busted digital camera, even the difference between the highest resolution/quality and the next highest one was tremendous. I think I could store twice as many pics on the second highest compared to the highest. Of course, with massive memory cards these days this might not be a huge concern.

When I went on vacation and stuff like that I always took pictures in standard size, and then for family photos and such that was going to be printed I would jump it up to the highest quality.

xvart.

Back