User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: part two (PLEASE READ!) : Just a thought.. But would members be interested in.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can read things 400 times and if there's something I'm meaning to miss, I'll miss it.
    'Tis just the way things are. XP
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to make things clear in case anyone was wondering...Mods have never gotten anything "free" nor even discounted from ********** or from Andrew. The people who moderate these forums do so out of the kindness of their hearts...for the CP COMMUNITY. Its a donation of our time. And trust me, its more time and effort than you think. You only see the "surface" stuff Mods do, not the behind-the-scenes work.

Even if there were some "free" feature or benefit, I don't know how anyone could begrudge that to a Mod. I don't expect any such thing--this is basically like a part-time job that you don't get paid for. You take a modship knowing that...and not expecting any kind of "payment", or you don't do it.

Good thing we like you people.

I wanna pay for the membership to help Andrew out. He works VERY hard on this forum. And you don't make money running a discussion forum; it costs money. This is a community SERVICE. And therefore, it would be nice if the COMMUNITY helped out a little. Its been free for 6 years...and will remain FREE. Premium membership will be TOTALLY OPTIONAL. Nothing will change about the forums. There will just be a few additional features for anyone who WANTS them.

As has been stated before, MANY discussion forums offer premium memberships for a slight fee. Its not a new idea and in all cases the money goes to running the boards...not for going out for filet mignon dinners once a week. Geocaching.com and nikon.com both offer paying memberships.

I think its a cool idea and I'm glad Andrew is offering it.
    Last edited by PlantAKiss; 03-20-2007 at 06:11 AM.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    never gotten anything costs
    community SERVICE
    and will remain FREE
    OPTIONAL
    lol. I'm not sure how many other ways you can change text to make it more clear... but, repetition repetition repetition! Well put, PAK.

I took some more pictures last night that I am going to upload. How do I get to the hosting site? I saw a link somewhere and now I can't find it...

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so PAK what your saying is if we want to post on these forums we have to pay?

*rattler is currently running for cover using quick serpentine movements and will be in hiding the rest of the day*

-------------------

Edit: Whar's my shotgun! I'm goin' after that thar varmint!

Last edited by PlantAKiss; 03-21-2007 at 06:04 AM. Reason: To kick Rattler in the butt
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhhhhhhh Rattler....where arrrrrrrrrrrrrre youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    xvart (and others) in order to use the premium upload service the upload is right here!!! Click "add reply" or "new post" and type up what you need to type. Then scroll down PAST the "submit" button. Down there you will find the upload options (manage attachments). Click browse, find the file on your computer, click upload. DONE! If you want to upload more (up to 10 pics per post!) go ahead and do it. Once you have them all uploaded, go back up to "submit" and click it How much easier can it get?!!!
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna test it right now if you don't mine. And by the way.... I'm loving having more PM's. This is really fantastic not having to empty my folders every couple of days.

Ohhh ok all my digital camera files are like twice the size of what this forum accepts. I'll have to do something about that.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    JLAP- I'm pretty sure it resizes them for you.. .Or maybe only if it's close... It's done all mine for me.

And you'll be back to deleting once you get to your new cap. LOL or even better yet, once your trial goes away and you're back to 75pms hehe
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast