What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!

joossa

Aklys
Has anyone seen a leprechaun toady… or better yet, any pots of gold?
lep.jpg

Have a great St. Patrick’s Day everyone!

Yesterday's snow buried all the leprechauns and pots of gold. I was out with a shovel for a long time today and hoped I might uncover one or the other. But no luck, all I found was the sidewalk and driveway. Maybe I wasn't wearing enough green.

No but im locking my dorm door because alot of people are gonna come back drunk tonight, and might get 'confused' where the room is- thats what the older guys here claim

A perfect day for listening to Flogging Molly!

if you dont know who that is, I am so sorry.

Flogging Molly, I love Flogging Molly. Makes you want to jump right up and do a jig if you can do one that is.

Begorrah! Happy St. Patrick's Day! :D

I have a pot of gold sitting on my desk at work. A little cast iron pot full of gold chocolate coins. :)

We had a ton of rain yesterday followed by sleet/snow mix last nite and snow flurries this morning. Strange to see after hitting 86 degrees on Tuesday. Of course the fact that I've taken some time off from work accounts for the rain and plunging temperatures. :( I hope nobody plans to take vacation at the same time I do. Its a guaranteed good-weather killer...

Heck yea St. Patty's day was awesome... I think. Best day ever I have been told.

In the true spirit of St.Patrick's Day I indulged in Jameson's and fell. I hit my back on a wooden bench. I now have a burning/stinging sensation in my kidney area that huts only when I make certain movements. I did not hit this area directly as I can feel where I hit (further up). It hurts there too. Not sure what this is. Any doctor's in the house? SHouldn't be too seious. It only hurts at certain times and I'm not urinating any blood. Sorry to bring everyone down. But what is St.Patrick's Day without getting inebriated and falling down?

You wouldn't have been injured if you had been drinking Bushmills. On the other hand, you'd be dead now if it had been Southern Comfort.

I probably haven't tasted Irish whiskey in 20 years, but always preferred Bushmills to Jamesons. Those were the only two available in north Mississippi in my undergrad days and I was stunned when I noticed the choices available here in CT a few years ago. If I could wrap my brain around the idea of spending $40+ for a bottle of whiskey, I'd try one of the exotics. The 10 year Bushmills certainly caught my eye. Maybe I'll go see what's left in the stores after the weekend. Good thing I love and can allow myself to buy Guinness.

I think we all love Guinness I mean come on it's Guinness. I got down with down with Jameson's last night. Jameson's with a shamrock shake from McDonalds is good stuff. I guess it's good I didn't fall but I think some people thought I wanted to fight with them but I was just friendly and wasted.

What's so hard with Southern Comfort?

What's so hard with Southern Comfort?

Not vomitting.

Vile stuff. lol!

Hope everyone had a happy St. Patty's day.

In the true spirit of St.Patrick's Day I indulged in Jameson's and fell. I hit my back on a wooden bench. I now have a burning/stinging sensation in my kidney area that huts only when I make certain movements. I did not hit this area directly as I can feel where I hit (further up). It hurts there too. Not sure what this is. Any doctor's in the house? SHouldn't be too seious. It only hurts at certain times and I'm not urinating any blood. Sorry to bring everyone down. But what is St.Patrick's Day without getting inebriated and falling down?

I had Jameson's as well... ran into a tree in my front yard and made my nose bleed. It was excellent fun.:-))

I got so drunk the night before anyway I didn't even drink much on St. Paddy's... capped off at 9 or 10 Guiness' which is just a damn good beer any day anyway.

I got so drunk the night before anyway I didn't even drink much on St. Paddy's... capped off at 9 or 10 Guiness' which is just a damn good beer any day anyway.

H E L L YEAH IT'S THE BEST. Anyone try Murphy's? That's real good too plus my name is Murphy which makes it better.

Murphy's, Harp, Bass, Sam Adams, Sam Smith's, Franzenkaner, Pete's Wicked, Brooklyn, Corona, Bluepoint(local brew) you name it, I got drunk off it..
Just don't offer me a Bud or a Heiniken unless it's 4 in the morning and there's nothing else left:beer:

Back