Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "new" interpertation of endangerd species act

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that the latest census shows that there are about 2000 crocodiles in the state of Florida. Yes, that number is up from the 300 about 20 years ago - but it is hardly an assurance that the numbers will not decline as south Florida becomes one large continuous piece of concrete. I believe on the federal level they are going to be downgraded to threatened, but on the state level they will still be listed as endangered. I have no idea what that actually means in the real world, but here where developers can entomb gopher tortoises alive with concrete on their sites by buying a pemit, it probably isn't good. I bet if there were only 2000 pitcher plants in the US and the endangered ones were about to be delisted you folks would be screaming about storming the government and chaining yourselves to plants in swamps - but hey, they're only crocodiles and they're not in your state.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously something has to be done against this.....THAT MORON .....aaah,.......freaking..............whats the point..... . I don't understand why America still has him as a president. He obviously isn't even useful as a gardener.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    Seriously something has to be done against this.....THAT MORON .....aaah,.......freaking..............whats the point..... . I don't understand why America still has him as a president. He obviously isn't even useful as a gardener.
    If Bush had Clinton's background he would have been impeached a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
    There used to be a planet like that. But the cp's were replaced with golf courses and resorts.
    lol.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on so the man likes a little... pleasure once and awhile. Surely you didn't expect him to be attracted to Hilary.

If I knew Hilary I get the feeling I wouldn't like her lol. Just a feeling I get. I'm going to vote for her, though. Unless Oprah runs.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Oh come on so the man likes a little... pleasure once and awhile.
    I meant upbringing and background, not his history of "pleasure."

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhhh OK.

I wonder if Bush bought a new desk for the Oral Office? Whoo I'd feel uncomfortable in the old desk

Shh I better be quiet about that before I get in trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canada lives with wolves, and you dont hear them B****** about high population numbers. People gotta larn to live with it, the canadians show its not that hard!
    Canucks are allowed to shoot the f'in things.......................

Fact: since reintroduction elk birth rates have dropped dramatically in Yellowstone..........not only are the wolves eating the elk but they are interupting their breeding patterns and alot fewer elk are even being born.

Fact: the reintroduction of wolves has started the decline of mountain lions in Montana, a large predator whos range was actually expanding even though they were switched directly from an animal with a bounty on its head to a game animal with no compete protected status
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canucks are allowed to shoot the f'in things.......................
    Fact: their populations are huge
    Fact: they are not trying to eliminate or reduce the range

Fact: since reintroduction elk birth rates have dropped dramatically in Yellowstone..........not only are the wolves eating the elk but they are interupting their breeding patterns and alot fewer elk are even being born.
    Fact: The yellowstone elk survival rates dropped because their predators had been brought back in. They yellowstone elk was overpopulated. Thats what the park managers wanted. They had almost completely eaten the willow and aspen. Lower population numbers are needed to sustain healthy Riparian communities! The elk population numbers were out of control, and much higher than their counterparts to the north. Not only are they eating the elk (would you rather CATTLE?) but they are reducing them, EXACTLY as what was needed.

Fact: the reintroduction of wolves has started the decline of mountain lions in Montana, a large predator whos range was actually expanding even though they were switched directly from an animal with a bounty on its head to a game animal with no compete protected status
    mountain lions had expanded in the absence of wolves.... and now they decline with their return. go figure
    that makes no logic

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast