Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "new" interpertation of endangerd species act

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"new" interpertation of endangerd species act

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17687161/

Bush administration issued a new interpretation of the Endangered Species Act that would allow it to protect plants and animals only in areas where they are struggling to survive, while ignoring places they are healthy or have already died out.

If upheld by the court ... the new policy would remove 80 percent of the roughly 1,300 species from threatened and endangered lists — because most species have at least one stronghold where they are doing well.
    It's just so clearly illogical and anti-wildlife that I can't wait to get this before a federal judge," Suckling said. "They are rewarding industry for driving populations extinct. Because as soon as you drive a population extinct (in a certain area) it is no longer on the table. It no longer counts toward whether a species is endangered."
    I would be remiss not to note that no carnivorus plants would make the new requierments for federal protetion under the revision. Whats that- in thre green swamp? Plants are not struggling t survive, so plow right on through. Any of these plants have a stronghold with a healthy population? Sorry, the specis is no longer protected *cough*

It seems... several endangerd pitcherplants are about to loose their protected status
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Bush Administration...
    Science=/=Politics---- Seems “certain” people have trouble understanding that.

Anyway, I don’t think it will have a chance at passing.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think its the kind of act that needs to get passed by the legeslaive branch
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My respect for bush just dropped 9,000 points. And it's only a scale of 1-100. I didn't even capitalize his name. :P

It's never been above 0 before.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Chris Rock said it best when he was asked if America is ready for a black president. He said "Sure, why not, we just had a retarded one."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Elaborating on my point above… The thing that irritates me the most is that politics think they can just go ahead and influence (or sometimes even create) laws and regulations regarding the environment, when all they are in for is the money and the publicity. People with actual degrees in biology, climatology, biogeography, etc. should be the ones that directly create regulations and laws that affect issues like endangered species and global warming.
    I was watching Hannity and Colmes today and they were criticizing Al Gore for being a hypocrite (for the reasons stated in a previous topic that was posted here some days ago). They wasted like 15 minutes talking about his home’s electrical usage, using their statistics, saying that he’s a loser, that he’s making things worse, etc, etc, and they completely override what is really important: global warming IS happening! They don’t care about global warming all they want is more viewers tuning in to their heated debates, and in a way, all politicians are like this when it comes to issues pertaining to wildlife and the environment.
    -Joel from Southern California

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bush is such a freaking idiot. :@ ..

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    bush is such a freaking idiot. :@ ..
    That's about the same as saying water is wet.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast