Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody watching American Idol?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard the Stern thing too PAK, I think your giving the X#$%% too much credit.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my problem with this show is that it's on television and not the radio. music today is too much about who looks good on MTV and not about the music itself. this isn't a talent show, it's a big popularity contest. video killed the radio star. where's that rant smiley.... ah!
    -Emily

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MTV rarely plays music anymore. Only in the early morning when no normal people are awake.

It's all crappy reality shows like My Super Sweet 16 and The OC. And there's one about a crackhead having sex with prostitutes. Oh wait, that's VH1.

Flavor Flav wears that clock so he'll know when it's time to smoke some more crack.

FLAVOR FLAAAAAAV! I'll give him credit for one thing though, I did like that "911 is a joke in your town" song. I think he did that one.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Sanjay was NOT the worst this week. Both people in the bottom two were worse that he was.

My wife and I like the beatboxer, the fat guy, chick with no neck (I think that's doolittle), really pretty girl with LOOOONG hair (think that's the 17 year old).

If you can't tell, I'm not so good with names...
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    my problem with this show is that it's on television and not the radio. music today is too much about who looks good on MTV and not about the music itself. this isn't a talent show, it's a big popularity contest. video killed the radio star. where's that rant smiley.... ah!
    Yes, and the whole music industry is going down the tubes... Even faster thanks to the great talent contests such as American Idol. Everyone up there does not have music industry talent. They may have the talent to sing, but they all look and act the same, and all sing the same pop songs that they were handed on a piece of paper that some song writer gave them. I miss the days when bands and singers actually wrote their own songs... Now that was talent. But, those characters on American Idol certainly can sing well...

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Sanjaya was good enough to "go to Hollywood", but that's it. He is not in the same league as Brandon, the 2 Chrises, Blake, and the girls. His hair is the main attraction and that's very shallow. And who was that young teen they kept focusing on, with all that misplaced emotion? Was she a gimmick? A plant? I felt sorry for Brandon. He is truly talented. Too bad he obviously forgot a line in the song. Is it true that the ones that get voted off may still be apporached by producers and get recording contracts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Yes, and the whole music industry is going down the tubes... Even faster thanks to the great talent contests such as American Idol. Everyone up there does not have music industry talent. They may have the talent to sing, but they all look and act the same, and all sing the same pop songs that they were handed on a piece of paper that some song writer gave them. I miss the days when bands and singers actually wrote their own songs... Now that was talent. But, those characters on American Idol certainly can sing well...

xvart.
    its kinda sad that the music industry only works the ratings and cd sales. who cares if they play a 17 year old dingbat whose voice has been electronically altered. just as long as their company make the ratings and sales quota, then all is well.

its funny a lot of people nowadays would buy cds and would only listen to one song because the rest of the cd is just total cr@p. there are other great artists out there who are just totally awesome ie, tool, primus, oysterhead...but radio stations dont play their songs because they're not britney spears or the backstreet boys.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you can't expect a Marilyn Manson or a Crystal Method or some Christian rock band to be accepted. To be fair most (almost all...) Christian music sucks REALLY bad.

It's all about what the majority likes and the majority likes bubblegum pop, and on one occasion an obese man named after a sandwich.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast