Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody watching American Idol?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your giving the X#$%% too much credit
    Howard Stern has a HUUUUUGE following of very loyal fans. I know people that bought Sirius radio JUST because he moved over there. And a lot of the people who LIKE him and think his ridicule and cruelty is funny, would certainly think that would be "fun" to keep the worst person in the competion. Add to that the teeny bop vote and that's why Sanjay is STILL there. It is clear he isn't still in the competition because of TALENT. He has a nice voice; he is no where near the top vocalists there.

Even faster thanks to the great talent contests such as American Idol.
    I don't think AI has such influence as to affect the entire music industry. AI is first and foremost a money-making entertainment program. As to whether they create a "star", that's hit or miss. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have done well and others have done well in other venues like Broadway or movies. So if the producers make more money above and beyond the show itself with the winners, that's great but AI is in and of itself a money-making enterainment machine.

I just like seeing the "unknowns" perform because I like music in general.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK is right actually, my mom listens to Howard Stern everyday.

Really if he actually is affecting Sanjaya's presence then it's just making ONE person's walk off the show a little early. It's not really worth stressing about IMO.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not stressing about it. lol I'm just saying Howard S. is an a-hole and Sanjaya has replaced other MUCH better singers. Its too bad. I enjoyed Sundance and was looking forward to his performances.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, Pak , you are giving Howard too much credit with crediting him with Sanjaya not being voted off. I know how much you dislike him, even though you never listen to him.

Howrad did not start the bid to keep sanjaya in AI. There is a website call votefortheworst.com and howard talked about it. The website is trying to keep sanjaya in AI.

They have been doing this for a couple of years. Last year it was the boy with the injured throat. And before that it was president bush. LOL

Just because howard talked about it, he is credited with the whole thing.

Now for some math. Howard has about 4 million listeners. I may be off on that number.

I believe the person that got voted off this week had of 35 million votes. So how can you say it's Howard stern?

Yes I am one of those people that bought siruis because of howard, but I keep it because it has great music. Once you try sirius, you will never be able to listen to free radio again.

Now I'm going to get in my van and listen to my sirus radio on my way to a great spot near the beach to look for snakes as they come out of hibernation. I'll make a post about that tonight when I get home.

Later

Oh yeah don't forget to vote for sanjaya.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
    I believe the person that got voted off this week had of 35 million votes. So how can you say it's Howard stern?
    Just for arguments sake, some obsessive people vote many, many times; but, I still agree with you here, Ozzy.

The old Chicago saying: "Vote early, and vote often."

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    I'm not stressing about it. lol I'm just saying Howard S. is an a-hole and Sanjaya has replaced other MUCH better singers. Its too bad. I enjoyed Sundance and was looking forward to his performances.
    I got the impression that Sundance was an early favorite but kept on disappointing the judges. Hi voice reminds me of Rot Orbison. Strange he never sang something like, "Just Running Scared".

The real crime would be if Stern's influence were to have Lakisha & Melinda exit and Sanjaya to actually win. Man, Simon didn't even comment on the kid's butchering of the Zombie's son.

I'd love to hear Gina do either, Hit Me With Your Best Shot", "I Love Rock And Roll", or "I Hate Myself For Loving You". She fits the Pat Benatar / Joan Jet / early Heart Mold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I know about the votefortheworst.com website. I don't attribute Sanjaya's staying power to JUST Howard Stern. But combine his influence, the website and the teenie bops going for the cute factor, and it adds up. If it weren't for Howard and the website, the cute vote probably wouldn't hold up.

I believe the person that got voted off this week had of 35 million votes.
    There were 35 million TOTAL votes, not 35 million for Sanjaya or any other single vocalist. They don't release the breakdown of the votes so there's no way to know how many anyone got. Odds are Sanjaya is on the lower scale for votes. He's also a poor performer.

No matter how the votes are coming in, its a shame to see more talented singers booted off and less talented people hanging on.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taylor Hicks, anyone? lol. Do any of you American Idol fans like him?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast