What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody watching American Idol?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
I believe the person that got voted off this week had of 35 million votes. So how can you say it's Howard stern?

Just for arguments sake, some obsessive people vote many, many times; but, I still agree with you here, Ozzy.

The old Chicago saying: "Vote early, and vote often."

xvart.

I'm not stressing about it. lol I'm just saying Howard S. is an a-hole and Sanjaya has replaced other MUCH better singers. Its too bad. I enjoyed Sundance and was looking forward to his performances.

I got the impression that Sundance was an early favorite but kept on disappointing the judges. Hi voice reminds me of Rot Orbison. Strange he never sang something like, "Just Running Scared".

The real crime would be if Stern's influence were to have Lakisha & Melinda exit and Sanjaya to actually win. Man, Simon didn't even comment on the kid's butchering of the Zombie's son.

I'd love to hear Gina do either, Hit Me With Your Best Shot", "I Love Rock And Roll", or "I Hate Myself For Loving You". She fits the Pat Benatar / Joan Jet / early Heart Mold.

Yes, I know about the votefortheworst.com website. I don't attribute Sanjaya's staying power to JUST Howard Stern. But combine his influence, the website and the teenie bops going for the cute factor, and it adds up. If it weren't for Howard and the website, the cute vote probably wouldn't hold up.

I believe the person that got voted off this week had of 35 million votes.

There were 35 million TOTAL votes, not 35 million for Sanjaya or any other single vocalist. They don't release the breakdown of the votes so there's no way to know how many anyone got. Odds are Sanjaya is on the lower scale for votes. He's also a poor performer.

No matter how the votes are coming in, its a shame to see more talented singers booted off and less talented people hanging on.

Taylor Hicks, anyone? lol. Do any of you American Idol fans like him?

xvart.

I do. I don't think he's the greatest vocalist in the world, but he likes the old timey bluesy stuff which is a nice departure from pop.

I vaguely remember the top 12 from last year. I thought that they were all worthy, more so than this year. Personally, I thought the one called Paris was the best.

Sanjaya Mallomar is back and has some stupid Trojan pigtail feauxhawk. I hate that kid. He can't sing and he has an attitude I just don't like. I don't like his face, either. His smile is far too big. Only a bitter person could complain about a smile, I'm sure of it! Or an over-zealous dental hygenist. Can you guess which one I am? Lol. Add dental hygenist to my ever growing list of occupations, EST! I'm turning into Barbie. A different occupation for each outfit.

But he's got the vote of all the little preteen girls who don't know he's gay and Howard stern lackies, so he'll stay, for now. We'll see in about 19 minutes. I'm only watching because I'm waiting for House. I swear!

Some lady is singing Disco now. She gets my vote just because I like Disco. Disco never dies!!!!!

Ryan Seacrest is hot. In that stupid kind of way... like his head is empty and there's a small rodent on it's last leg running in a wheel. Choking on his own gas.

Ok, I'll stop ranting. Ok maybe not. He also sang Bathwater by No doubt. He made a mockery of it if you ask me. He also replaced "You're my kinda man" with "You're my kinda girl". Ok, Mr. Mallomar.

I'm only watching because I'm waiting for House. I swear!

House? LOL. I watched that show a few times, but it seems the plot of each episode is strikingly similar to every other episode. Although, I can see why people love it. Who am I to talk, though; I love reading fantasy novels and they are are pretty much the same... lol.

xvart.

The fauxhawk was the best thing about Sanjaya last nite. lol Maaaaaybe this week he'll get booted.

If he had any honor at all he'd just drop out because no one really votes for him because they like him. He's just a loser who got lucky because of Stern, who I think is really insecure inside so he's got to screw around and insult others. He needs to grow up. He's rich but is he really happy or is he just trying to fill his life with fans who don't REALLY care about him? He's a butthole and it's times like this I disdain the filter :)

If I was in his position I'd just quit and leave with dignity. Oh wait, he lost that along with a sense of taste when he made his hair into a Trojan battle helmet.

Sanjia or w/e needs to get booted, he looks and sounds like a pansy. Hes a poor singer, he has talent, he just doesnt put it out their, he needs to grow some and get over how scared he is. But the only reason he is still their is because 11-13 year old girls are calling in cause they are going all googlie eyes over him thinking hes soo cute.

Also i wanted to punch him for the gay attempt at a mowhawk. He doesnt have balls to get the real deal.

I don't watch it but have been forced to, cause my mom is wanting to eat with the family more.

I missed most of this topic because I was "in the hospital". So I didn't get to defend Howard.

I think the proof will come tonight. If Sanjaya survives tonight, then it will be proof that Howard is not behind his overdue exit.

Howard has not been on the air since last Thursday. So if he make it tonight, then Howard has nothing to do with it.

Sanjia Made it.

That proves that Howard is not behind it.

Go Sanjia, Go Sanjia.

:nana:

There still voting for him because howard originally said to do it.

Sanjaya Mallomar pisses me off.

I think that Sanjaya actually helped his own cause a bit by his last performance. He was pretty good, especially from an entertainment perspective. His vocals still don't hold a candle to those of Lakisha Jones or Melinda Doolittle.

Sorry to see Gina Glocksen go. I don't think that having to sing songs from the Tony Bennett era helped her much. She should be singing songs that made Joan Jett (I Love Rock And Roll / I Hate Myself For Loving You), Pat Benatar (Hit Me With Your Best Shot), and old Heart (Barracuda) famous.

And what's with the lack of REAL commentary from Simon?! He accuses Randy of not giving someone a real answer and then does it himself. Felt sorry for Haley when she didn't get too much of a straight answer.

Hated to see Chris Sligh and Stephanie Edwards go, too. In the end it will be down to Lakisha & Melinda and they really pught be co-winners.

Even Simone liked Sangya this week.

And it looks like you like him too. C'mon...admit it. You probably voted 20 times for Sanjaya. I'll bet you liked all those dreamy glances he gave the camera....as if he were looking JUST at YOU. :D

No, I have never voted for him.

He makes me want to puke. He looks like the kind of guy who'd slip me a roofie. Not so he could take advantage of me, but so he could steal my pants.

He's a political cartoonist's dream come true. They don't even have to exaggerate and distort the features, all they gotta do is put a picture of him in the cartoon and people would crack up.

His friend in the audience last night was almost as gay as he is. Come out of the closet Sanjaya, come on. You're not fooling anyone. Well, maybe the 13 year olds who vote for you.

I had to work last night, so I missed the show. How did they all do?

Back