Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody watching American Idol?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody watching American Idol?

I never really got into it until this season. In my opinion, I think it's a tossup between Lakisha Jones & Melinda Doolittle. And why is Sanjaya still in the competition?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just watch everytime i stumble upon it.

only star i remember was AJ gil or something like that

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watch it with my mom. It's pretty good this season.

"In my opinion, I think it's a tossup between Lakisha Jones & Melinda Doolittle. And why is Sanjaya still in the competition?"
    i agree completely! LOL I couldn't believe the fact that they axed Sundance for Sanjaya!!!
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only watch it when they have all of the crappy people audition and then I don't care anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    I never really got into it until this season. In my opinion, I think it's a tossup between Lakisha Jones & Melinda Doolittle. And why is Sanjaya still in the competition?
    My mother and my sister both watch it and those are their two favorites, actually. I personally only watch the auditions at the first of the season.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frostweaver View Post
    My mother and my sister both watch it and those are their two favorites, actually. I personally only watch the auditions at the first of the season.
    The auditions are definitely the best. I usually only watch that much, but I kept going this year. HOW COULD YOU LIKE SANJAYA!!?!?!!? I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's not that great of a singer, and I know he's got no chance against Lakisha or Melinda....
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate American Idol. Needless to say, I do not watch it.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it. Its a great talent contest and I love music. So what's not to like. I think its cool to see what undiscovered talent is out there and what they can do with an opportunity to make it in the music industry.

LaKisha and Melinda are just amazing. But so is Jordin Sparks at 17. Personally I could see Jordin becoming a "star" moreso than the other two (she has age and looks on her side) and that's what AI is looking for.

There are some talented guys as well. I like Sligh and Chris who is a Virginian (go Chris!). I was crushed when Sundance got booted. But what I've heard is, Howard Stern is asking his listeners to call in and vote for the worst singer (Sanjaya) and that is why is he making it through each week.

That's why I hate Howard Stern. He plays with people's lives. Everything is a joke. Those contestants on AI are being given a rare chance to make it in the music industry, realize a dream. This is a HUGE opportunity that can change their lives. But no, Howard has to make funny and skew the results so that a deserving singer (who had no job and new little baby) gets kicked off while a contestant who is totally outclassed gets to stay in a hopeless bid to win. I HATE Howard Stern. He doesn't care who gets hurt with his "jokes."

On a side note, last year's third place contestant, Elliott Yamin, released his first album yesterday. He performed on Kelly & Regis yesterday morning and today will be here in Richmond autographing his CD at Circuit City. I'm sure its gonna be a mob scene there. If anyone hasn't seen him lately, he's had his teeth fixed and has a new look. He's quite good looking. He got picked on a lot last year for being ugly. But, no matter what he looks like, he has an amazing set of pipes AND he's a nice guy. Go Elliott!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast