User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the varmit season has started..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flytraplady: its a Richardsons ground squirrel.....bout haf the size of a prairie dog......locally they are called gophers......the gopher your refering to is the pocket gopher, got tons of them too but ive never seen one, just their mounds

Jayson: yeah its a Ruger 10/22 been beating the heck out of that rifle for about 10 years now....its a good on

no wood chucks or rock chucks on this side of the state
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used to call them "picket pins" around Great Falls, Mt., and hunted them with bow and arrows. Tough to hit, but a great way to get real skill with a bow. Prairie dogs were also on our list and harder to get close to because of their tendency to alert the whole dang prairie dog town. They disappeared quick when alerted.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Hey rattler, what do you guys do with the bodies? Do you just leave them there?
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the buzzards need to eat too....................i dont eat ground squirrels..................in a few weeks when my uncles cows quit calving we will break out the center fires and there wont be enough of them left to do anything with anyways.........a 40 grain .224 inch diameter bullet screaming along somewhere around 3,300 feet per second leads to the term "red mist" the rifle above is launching a 36 grain bullet at about 1,050 feet per second, usually leaves tiddy looking bodies like above aslong as it isnt a head shot.

now i just need a 204 Ruger which will launch a 32 grain bullet at about 4,200 feet per second...............should lead to some interesting results

when bordom sets in out comes the 45/70 which launches a 405 grain bullet at about 1600 feet per second.............leads to just a half inch hole through the gopher but it also punches through their mounds which leads to interesting shooting opertunities
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without the red mist and bullets into mounds leading to interesting shooting opportunities and so on, each with its own smilie, even anti-hunters might have left this thread seeing shooting as a good way to control animal populations. When I was in high school, a hunter passed us with a deer tied on his trunk and a red ball on the deer's nose. I thought it was funny at the time, but my father had a fit. The more I think about it, the more I wonder how many anti-hunters were created during that idiot's trip home.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know about other states but in NY i belive you have to cover your kill wile transporting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be hillarious to see that, But yea im sure allot of people would be upset, but i think allot of states require youre kill to be out of site

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast