User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the varmit season has started..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh i thought you were refering to pocket gophers! lol Dang i was impressed as i had never been able to glimpse one. Guess no one else has, either?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce heres the way i see it...............we hunters and gun owners have been backing down to the anti's for alot of years................"maybe if we conceed to this they will stop".........."maybe if we stop doing that they will leave us alone"..............yah know what? F'EM! its gotten us nowhere but more gun laws, more hunting retrictions, us scared to say the wrong thing and affend someone........ and the anti's just want more and more................i enjoy shooting varmits and i will not appologize for it.

if someone doesnt like hunting fine by me i will not insist that they hunt or even read my threads such as this. i am not posting pics of bloody critters.......the pic i posted doesnt show a gophers head blown off(and i could of, several shot yesterday were but i didnt feel the need to even take a pic let alone post it) the pic i posted was for all intents tastefully done. i know there are a number of hunters on this site who might appreciate the discussion of it.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discussion, yes. Anti---NO! A .54 caliber black powder Hawken literally blows them apart. Quit using it for varmints! I still like silent kill whenever possible, and usually use the bow. Some compound bows will shoot the length of a football field and then some within a second. Shoot flat too. Ground squirrels around here are toast when I see them!!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One night I was driving home on I-64 and there was a vehicle in front of me that had something tied to the back of it. I wasn't paying paying all that much attention. Then I started noticing paws. At first I thought they had tied a giant toy bear to their truck but it wasn't long til I realized it was a dead real bear. It was so sad to see that magnificent animal dangling dead. I had to speed up and pass the truck because I couldn't stomach having to staring at the poor dead thing right in front of me. I didn't even know you could hunt bears around here.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK as far as i know black bears are hunted in every state in which they are found. they are one of those animals, like white tail deer, that dont do to bad around ppl............
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deer are like rabbits around here but you don't see/hear much about bears except maybe up in the mountains. They ARE around here but rather elusive. So...I just would have thought they would be a little protected since they aren't all over in large numbers. To ME, its one thing to shoot gopher who number in the thousands but to shoot a huge, beautiful bear just to brag on it and/or stuff it... To take away its life so you can show how skilled you were killing an animal that had no chance against a powerful rifle. And from what I've heard...bear isn't good eating meat. That bear might have had family.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And from what I've heard...bear isn't good eating meat.
    depends on what theyve been eating...................

black bears are doing fine in the US and have maintained if not expanded their range a bit as they arent really bothered by ppl. even where there are lots of bears they are nowhere as thick as deer can be. their diets are different.
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forget whether I was in Maine or Mississippi at the time, but someone told me that most bear were shot by hunters who were out for deer but saw a bear first. Many of them would decide to take it to a taxidermist for a bearskin rug or some such thing and, by the time they got over the shock of learning how much that would cost, it was too late to salvage any meat. I had bear meat at least once and thought it was pretty good. Not like that fishy & stringy bald eagle meat. Don't even bother saving those after you shoot them.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast