Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Car people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car people

So Ive never been one to really be into Car's. But I have been thinking about it lately, if i were to get a car to work on It would be fun, BUT i dont know to much about cars (mechanically) ,I know basic body work, but thats cause one of my mom's ex's had an Auto body shop so i know how to do some basic stuff.

My moms current boyfriend knows a thing or two about Car's and his son is good with them too, but I would like to Fix up a car and was wondering If you guys know any forums That wouldn't be too appalled when i mentioned Getting an El Camino to fix up?

Right now its just an idea, no major idea's yet, but Would be nice to here what you guys have to say about Car's cause allot of it is like a foreign language!

I know a few of you guys know a bit about car's but well i just need a push, but I need to buy a just reliable car for driving to school regularly, and then worry about fixing up a car this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The El Camino would be a good project car.It shares body parts with other chevy cars so parts are easy to find,and you can't beat a small block chevy for parts avalability,proformance.A good engine/ trans combo is 350 engine/700R4.

Buy the way,I'm a automotive machinist.Been doing this for 17 years so if you have any engine related questions let me know.

Do a google search for a forum,you will find alot of info.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nep., you do now how to crash them right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeep Wranglers are also usually cheap to find, easy to work on, easy to fix up. TONS AND TONS of originaland afermarket parts floating around
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a Chilton's manual. As long as you have the patience to read it, you should be able to fix whatever. Worked for me for years!
    Now I just pay a mechanic to do it for me cause I'm sick of skinned knuckles..
    If yer gonna drive a car, you should be able to fix it. Comes in handy when you break down in the middle of nowhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I more or less entirely custom built a 68 Nova SS clone from the ground up (except when it needed welding). I had no prior experience. Chilton's is good, but if you have the time, experimenting is better. Its a better feeling to know you figured everythign out on your own
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid